After Action Report
Read the Active Shooter Incident and Post-Event Response January 6, 2017 After Action Report (PDF).
Terminal 1 Concourse A Is Now Open
The partnership between Southwest Airlines and Broward County to bring a new world-class experience for passengers who use Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport's Terminal 1 has landed. The new Concourse A facility is now open; bringing additional gates, and the additional capacity of the world's most modern international processing facility for air travelers. We know this is a few days later than originally announced and we apologize but we want the best facility for our customers. We appreciate the patience of our stakeholders who are as excited about this new chapter as we are.
The Ravenswood Road/Bridge Closed To Traffic Over The Dania Cut Canal
The Ravenswood Road/Bridge over the Dania Cut-Off Canal is closed to traffic. The bridge is undergoing major improvements. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) expects the contractor to complete the work by fall 2017.
- The bridge is closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Motorists can use the following detour: SW 42nd Street to SW 30th Avenue to Griffin Road.
- Boaters can expect periodic daily closures of the Dania Cut-Off Canal.
Summer 2017 - Fall 2017
- The bridge is expected to open to vehicular traffic. Periodic single lane closures may occur and flag crews will direct motorists through the work zone.
- Boaters can expect minimal impact.
This information is subject change pending weather delays and other unforeseen conditions.
- Install new drainage, water, and sewer lines.
- Driveway reconstruction at SW 42nd Court.
- Remove existing bridge and fender system.
- Construct new bridge and fender system.
- Reconstruct Ravenswood Rd.
- Dredge and armor the canal to ensure that the canal bottom maintains a navigable shape.
- Construct sidewalk on west side of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Install a dedicated 5-foot bike lane in each direction of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Remove old asphalt and resurface Ravenswood Rd. at the intersections of SW 45th St. and SW 42nd St.
- Add signing and pavement markings.
The Florida Department of Transportation has awarded a $4,789,933.18 million contract to Morrison-Cobalt JV to replace the Ravenswood Road Bridge over the Dania Cut-off Canal.
If you want to receive project updates, lane closure information, as well as a weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT, please email email@example.com
with the subject of “Ravenswood Road Bridge Replacement Project”.
Contact: Dayana Diaz, Community Outreach Specialist
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®