The Ravenswood Road/Bridge Closed To Traffic Over The Dania Cut Canal
The Ravenswood Road/Bridge over the Dania Cut-Off Canal is closed to traffic. The bridge will undergo major improvements. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) expects the contractor to complete the work by summer 2017.
Phase 1A: Fall 2015—Spring 2016
- Ravenswood Road will be open during this phase to allow motorists and pedestrians access to the Rustic Inn from Griffin Road. Motorists traveling south on Ravenswood Road cannot drive through to Griffin Road. They must use the detour. Motorists traveling south on Ravenswood Road can access the Rustic Inn from the SW 42nd Street entrance.
- Ravenswood Road will be closed to thru traffic from the Rustic Inn to SW 42nd Street. Motorists may experience periodic single lane closures along Ravenswood Road near the bridge. Flag crews will direct motorists through the work zone.
Phase 1B: Spring 2016—Spring 2017
- The bridge will be closed continuously to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Motorists shall use the following detour: SW 42nd Street to SW 30th Avenue to Griffin Road.
- More information will be distributed prior to full closure.
Phases 2 & 3: Spring 2017-Summer 2017
- During these phases, motorists may experience periodic single lane closures along Ravenswood Road from SW 45th Street to SW 42nd Street.
- Flag crews will direct motorists through the work zone.
This information is subject change pending weather delays and other unforeseen conditions.
- Install new drainage, water, and sewer lines.
- Driveway reconstruction at SW 42nd Court.
- Remove existing bridge and fender system.
- Construct new bridge and fender system.
- Reconstruct Ravenswood Rd.
- Dredge and armor the canal to ensure that the canal bottom maintains a navigable shape.
- Construct sidewalk on west side of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Install a dedicated 5-foot bike lane in each direction of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Remove old asphalt and resurface Ravenswood Rd. at the intersections of SW 45th St. and SW 42nd St.
- Add signing and pavement markings.
The Florida Department of Transportation has awarded a $4,789,933.18 million contract to Morrison-Cobalt JV to replace the Ravenswood Road Bridge over the Dania Cut-off Canal.
If you want to receive project updates, lane closure information, as well as a weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT, please email email@example.com
with the subject of “Ravenswood Road Bridge Replacement Project”.
Contact Casey Liening, Public Information Officer
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®