Did you lose an item at the airport?
- If you lost an item on an aircraft, or an item checked-in on a ticketed flight, you must contact the airline directly. The FLL Lost and Found Office does not accepted these items.
- If you lost an item in any other area at the airport including the security checkpoints and shuttle buses, please complete the Lost Item Claim form below.
- TSA will turn over to the Lost and Found Office items lost at a security checkpoint the next business day. For example, if you lost an item at a security checkpoint on a Friday, TSA will turn over this item on a Monday to the Lost and Found Office.
- Due to the high volume of calls coming into the FLL Lost and Found Office, we strongly recommend you use the online Lost Item Claim form below. If your lost item is a potential match with an item that is turned in to the FLL Lost and Found Office, we will contact you.
- The Airport does not pay for or arrange for the shipping of lost items. You are responsible for arranging for the packaging, payment, and pickup of your items for shipment. Make these arrangements thru commercial shippers such as UPS and FedEx.
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - noon and 1 - 4 p.m.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and Broward County holidays.
The Lost and Found Office is located in the Rental Car Center on Level 2 past the Enterprise Rental Car counter next to the elevators.
Lost Item Claim Form
Complete this form
if you lost an item(s) in the terminals, security checkpoints, or shuttle buses. Use the "TAB" key to move between the fields. Do NOT press "SUBMIT" until you have completed all of the appropriate fields.
The Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport will keep all lost and found items for 30 days. After 30 days, the property will be deemed abandoned and disposed of in a manner according to Florida Statutes.