Airport Ambassadors are diplomats of goodwill making a positive impression on the more than 29.2 million passengers traveling through the Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) each year.
Volunteer Airport Ambassadors are a vital part of Broward County Aviation Department’s commitment to SUNsational service. They introduce visitors to the spirit of the Greater Fort Lauderdale area: friendly, outgoing and caring.
In addition to the satisfaction of helping others, Airport Ambassador benefits include:
• Discounts on airport gift or food items.
• Complimentary shift parking in the hourly parking lot.
• Complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and snacks.
• Special recognition functions and service awards.
• Participation in special events.
• Access to training opportunities.
• Uniform jacket and shirt.
• Opportunity to work with a wonderful group of people.
Ambassador Duties Include
- Greet and assist the public.
- Staff airport information booths.
- Direct visitors to concessions, security checkpoints, airline ticket counters, and baggage service offices.
- Respond to inquiries about Broward County Transit, Tri-Rail, ground transportation options, local hotels, and restaurants.
- Offer advice for getting to and from the airport to Greater Fort Lauderdale tourist attractions and landmarks.
Do You Have These Qualities?
- Good communication skills.
- Work well with people.
- Be willing to assist others.
- Are reliable and committed.
- Physically able to meet the demands of working in a dynamic and spacious airport environment.
- Age 16 and above.
- Shifts available seven-days-a-week between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Minimum of one four-hour shift per week.
The Airport Ambassador Program also offers internship opportunities.
- Complete the forms below.
Ambassador Application (PDF)
Request for Background Information (PDF)
Background Investigation Disclosure (PDF)
Parking Card Request (PDF)
Parking Hangtag Application (PDF)
- Submit a copy of your Driver’s License, state ID, or passport with the forms.
- Email the completed forms and required documents to email@example.com or mail them to:
Broward County Aviation Department
2200 SW 45th Street, Suite 101
Dania Beach, FL 33312
The Volunteer Coordinator will call you after receiving the forms.
For more information, call the Airport Volunteer Coordinator at 954-359-2589 or email VolunteerFLL@broward.org.
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®