What are the Airport’s hours of operation?
The Airport is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, unless an emergency is declared.
Do you have a hotel or rooms to sleep on the Airport property?
We do not have an Airport hotel or rooms for sleeping. There are numerous hotels located within five miles of the Airport and many of them have complimentary shuttles. Visit the Greater Fort Lauderdale Visitors and Convention Bureau. Select Hotels from the left menu, then select Airport Hotels. This website offers a map with the locations of all the nearby hotels.
Can I sleep overnight in the Airport?
Yes, you can remain in the Airport overnight. You want to consider the following before deciding to sleep at FLL:
- You can only stay in a pre-security waiting area (not on the concourse) for the night.
- Our seating is attached chairs with arm rests.
- Heavy-duty cleaning is often conducted at night.
- Food and beverage service is limited during these hours. Visit the concession closing/opening times that is listed by terminal.
- It can get cold in the terminals, so bring warm clothes.
If you decide a hotel is a better option, visit the Greater Fort Lauderdale Visitors and Convention Bureau. Select Hotels from the left menu, then select Airport Hotels. You can view a map with the locations of all the nearby hotels.
Where can I smoke at the Airport?
FLL is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is only permitted outside of the terminal buildings.
Where Can I Meet My Friends and Family?
It’s very simple, meet at the Meeting Point. Large signs, located in the terminal Baggage Claim areas, are the ideal location to meet your friends and family.
Each sign corresponds to the assigned color of the terminal:
• Terminal 1 - Yellow
• Terminal 2 - Red
• Terminal 3 - Purple
• Terminal 4 - Green