Construction Activities from 13 - 18 and October 20 - 25
Contractors will perform the following work:
Runway Structures (Areas 4 and 6)
- Completing the installation of the mechanical, electrical, piping, and fire alarm systems in the utility building.
- Installing the ventilation, lighting, fire detection, and fire suppression systems in the tunnels.
Ramps and Roadwork
- Building the ramp in Area 1 to I-595 and Port Everglades.
- Building the airport exit ramp to US 1 southbound in Area 2.
Click on the image for a larger version.
- Pouring the base layer in Areas 4 and 5.
- Pouring the concrete top layer in Areas 4 and 5.
- Installing utilities, signs, and lights in Areas 5, 6, 10, 11, and 12.
- Placing top soil and laying sod in Area 10.
Terminal 4 Building and Apron (Area 13)
- Building the concrete forms on the 3rd level.
- Pouring concrete on the 3rd level.
- Installing steel roof deck and joists.
- Constructing masonry walls.
- Installing structural steel for concession frames.
- Placing pre-cast concrete exterior wall panels.
- Installing electrical and plumbing.
- Installing the apron drainage.
- Constructing new retaining and screening walls.
- Installing the terrazzo floor on the ticket counter level.
- Replacing the ceiling and lights in the baggage claim area.
- Renovating the TSA Check Point at Concourse E.
Look at a larger version of the Construction Area Map (PDF).
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®