Construction Activities from July 7 - 12 and July 14 - 19
Contractors will perform the following work:
Runway Structures (Areas 4 and 6)
- Completing the installation of the mechanical, electrical, piping, and fire alarm systems in the utility building.
- Installing the ventilation, lighting, fire detection, and fire suppression systems in the tunnels.
Ramps and Roadwork
- Building the ramp and bridge structure in Area 1.
- Preparing the site for the airport exit ramp to US 1 southbound.
Click on the image for a larger version.
- Placing top soil and laying sod in Area 10.
- Installing the fall protection system in Areas 9 and 10.
Terminal 4 Building and Apron (Area 13)
- Installing underground utilities.
- Pouring the concrete decks, pile caps, columns, and walls.
- Constructing masonry walls.
- Installing the forms across the columns in preparation to pour the concrete horizontal structural beams.
- Pouring the concrete horizontal structural beams.
- Installing the apron drainage.
- Pouring the concrete base layer in Areas 9, 10, and 12.
- Pouring the concrete top layer in Areas 5 and 6.
- Installing utilities, signs, and lights in Areas 5, 6, 10, 11, and 12.
- Conducting site preparation in Areas 8, 9, 10, and 12.
- Installing FAA navigational equipment in Areas 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11.
- Installing the terrazzo floor near the pre-security shops and restaurants on the ticket counter level.
- Replacing the ceiling and lights in the baggage claim area.
- Renovating the TSA Check Point at Concourse E.
Look at a larger version of the Construction Area Map (PDF).
Required Plug-ins:Adobe® Reader®
Back to Top