Construction Activities from November 17 - 22 and
November 24 - 29
Contractors will perform the following work:
Runway Structures (Areas 4 and 6)
- Completing the installation of the mechanical, electrical, piping, and fire alarm systems in the utility building.
- Installing the ventilation, lighting, fire detection, and fire suppression systems in the tunnels.
- Building the airport exit ramp to US 1 southbound in Area 2.
Click on the image for a larger version.
- Pouring the asphalt shoulders in Areas 4 and 5.
- Installing utilities, signs, and lights in Areas 5, 6, 10, 11, and 12.
Terminal 4 Building and Apron (Area 13)
- Constructing masonry walls and columns.
- Installing structural steel for concession frames.
- Placing pre-cast concrete exterior wall panels.
- Installing windows, electrical, and plumbing.
- Installing the apron drainage.
- Installing the terrazzo floor on the ticket counter level.
- Replacing the ceiling and lights in the baggage claim area.
Look at a larger version of the Construction Area Map (PDF).
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®