What Can I Bring Through Security?
Can you bring your tennis racquets or golf clubs on board the airplane? How about scissors or nail files through the security checkpoint? Will your pacemaker set off security alerts?
Find out the answer to these questions and many others with the helpful tips and security information provided by the Transportation Security Administration(TSA).
Download a TSA App that lets you type in items to see what you can and can't bring through the security checkpoint.
When I change flights, or recheck my luggage, do I have to go through security again?
If you are changing terminals or concourses, or arriving on an international flight, you will have to go through security again except in Terminal 3 Concourses E and F. At this time, only Terminal 3 Concourses E and F are connected and you only need to go through security once. All the other concourses are NOT connected. For a map of the Airport, visit Where is My Airline?
TSA Pre✓™ Enrollment Center Now Open
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has opened an Enrollment Center in Fort Lauderdale for its TSA Pre✓™ Program.
What is TSA Pre✓™
This is an expedited screening program that allows travelers to:
- Leave on their shoes, light outerwear, and belt
- Keep a laptop in the carry-on
- Keep the 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in their carry-on
How to Apply
- Go through a pre-enrollment process online at TSA.
- Make an appointment at the Fort Lauderdale Enrollment Center.
- Complete the process at the Enrollment Center.
Who Can Apply
U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.
What Happens at the Enrollment Center?
The applicant provides his or her:
- Date of birth
- Payment of $85 for a five-year membership
- Valid identity and citizenship/immigration documentation
All applicants must visit an Enrollment Center in-person to verify their identity and provide documentation to confirm their citizenship/immigration status.
What Happens Next?
- TSA performs a background check.
- Once approved, travelers will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN)
Location of Enrollment Center
Safe Sky Inc.
650 SW 34th Street, Suite 309
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where Can I Use It?
Travelers can use TSA Pre✓™ lanes at security checkpoints at:
- 118 airports
- Ten airlines including Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and Virgin America.
Does FLL Have The Program?
Yes, TSA Pre✓™ lanes are available at all the checkpoints except Terminal 3, Concourse E until construction is complete.
Will I Always Receive Expedited Screening?
No, not always. TSA continues to incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport. No individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.
Go to the TSA web site for additional program information and how to enroll.