Whether you're attending a meeting at the world-class Greater Fort Lauderdale-Broward County Convention Center or enjoying a little taste of paradise while you're on vacation, this area has much to offer. While you're in town, discover:
- More than 20 miles of award-winning palm-fringed, golden-sand beaches
- More than 300 miles of inland waterways
- A multitude of magnificent hotels, resorts, and Bed & Breakfast inns
- Exclusive and eclectic dining at thousands of restaurants catering to all tastes
- A shopping mecca with numerous shops, malls, flea markets, and Florida's largest outlet mall
- Golf courses galore
- Diving, snorkeling, fishing, boating and all water sports
- Thoroughbred horseracing, harness racing, and Jai-Alai
- Professional football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer
- Museums, art galleries, theaters, and entertainment centers
- Special events and a variety of art, music, and cultural festivals
- Gambling withpoker, slots, and blackjack
For more Tourist Information visit the official web site of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau or call 954-765-4000 or 800-22-SUNY.
Greater Fort Lauderdale is located in the center of South Florida's Gold Coast, 40 miles from Palm Beach and 25 miles from Miami. Greater Fort Lauderdale stretches from Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach in the north to Hollywood and Hallandale Beach in the south.
Sprawling across 1,200 square miles that include 505,600 acres of Everglades on the western edge, the region is home to 30 cities and 1.7 million people.
With 300 miles of navigable inland waterways and 44,000 resident yachts, the region is called the Yachting Capital of the World and the Venice of America.
Greater Fort Lauderdale Catches the Blue Wave
The Clean Beaches Council, a national coastal group in Washington DC, has presented its first-ever "Most Innovative Beach" awards to Broward County. Greater Fort Lauderdale's beaches including Hollywood, Dania Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach and Deerfield are the first in Florida to be designated Blue Wave Beaches, a distinction that places them among the nations cleanest, safest and most user-friendly beaches.