June 2015 Program
The Institute is for all artists, looking for ways to consistently increase their sales, meet area business professionals and other artists who will share their success stories and give tips on what it takes to get a business going.
The next session will be June 2015
Miami Herald Article
The Artist as an Entrepreneur Institute(AEI) is an artist-focused course of study designed to assist artists (visual, musicians, writers, media, theater, performing arts), by cultivating and advancing their business skills.
Presented on 4 Saturdays, AEI will be offered as a series of 20 classes. AEI is led by a premier faculty composed of leading business practitioners and artists familiar with arts and culture from the South Florida region. Faculty members instruct artists through a series of lectures, panels and discussions.
Developed by the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture (CPAC), the course features exercises and readings to prepare for each session, and is tailored to the specific needs of artist entrepreneurs.
CPAC, program founder of the AEI, has provided comprehensive business training to more than 600 artists; this service is made possible by the generous financial support of the Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE), Dominion, with additional support by the Cleveland Foundation, the George Gund Foundation, the Kulas Foundation and the John P. Murphy Foundation.
Participation in program is $100 per person and includes:
- 4 Saturday workshops
- AEI course book (an indispensable resource for artists)
- Light refreshments
- Free parking
- RSVP (AEI Workshops)
RSVP (Business Plan Clinic)
Location: ArtServe, Inc. 1350 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 33304
Saturday, June 6, 2015 9 am - 6 pm
- Understanding Your Current State
- Exploring Priorities
- Writing the Business /Action Plan
- Defining the Product or Service - Building a Mix
- Pricing and Practice
- Choosing a Business Structure
Saturday, June 13, 2015 9 am - 6 pm
- Protecting Your Rights
- Introduction to Writing a Marketing Plan
- Understanding Consumers and Researching Markets
- Building a Communications Strategy
- Civic Engagement
Saturday, June 20, 2015 9 am- 6 pm
- Making the Sale
- Distribution Outlets
- Raising Capital and Resources
- Operational Accounting and Finance
- Paying Taxes
- Revisiting the Business / Action Plan
- From the Trenches: Stories of Successful `Artrepreneurs'
Saturday, June 27, 2015 9 am - 2 pm
- Working Effectively with Lenders
- Developing a Brand
- Business Plan Clinic and Workshop
- Group Conversation, Wrap-up, Evaluation, Next Steps
Questions? Call 954-357-7502, James Shermer, Grants Administrator, or email@example.com