Job Opportunities for the South Runway Expansion and
If you are an individual or company looking for work on the South Runway Expansion Project, contact the consultants or contractors that may be hiring.
Airport Ambassador Internship Program
The Airport Ambassador Internship Program is a program that makes a positive impression on the more than 23 million passengers traveling through the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL) each year. The Ambassadors support Broward County Aviation Department’s commitment to exceptional customer relations. They introduce visitors to the spirit of the Greater Fort Lauderdale area and are friendly, outgoing, and caring.
Interns will be exposed to the aviation industry by providing hands-on practical experience in the aviation field through education, training, mentoring, and customer relations; preparing them to enter the workforce.
In addition to the personal satisfaction of helping others, Ambassador Intern benefits include:
- The opportunity to develop the skills and work experience that will enhance their competitiveness for future employment opportunities within the Aviation industry.
- Receipt of high school/college required community service hours.
- Resume development.
- Development of skills: communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, etc.
- Discounts on airport gift or food items.
- Free refreshments and snacks.
- Free parking in the Airport garage during shifts.
- Special recognition functions and service awards.
- Participation in special events, such as Airport tours, customer appreciation events, and inaugural events.
- Access to training opportunities and Lunch and Learns.
- Opportunity to work with a wonderful group of people.
- Uniform jacket and shirt
Ambassadors should be able to work well with people, assist others, and possess good communication skills. We are looking for reliable and committed individuals who are physically able to meet the demands of working in a dynamic and spacious airport environment.
- Provide general airport and area information (flight information, concessions, transportation, hotels, shopping, etc.).
- Provide directions to and from the airport to local tourist attractions and landmarks.
- Provide information on accessing airport services and navigating the terminals.
- Assist FLL staff with special events.
- Assist with administrative tasks (if applicable).
- Be at least 16 years of age and in the 11th grade or higher.
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours (five, 4-hour shifts) before being eligible to receive credit for hours worked.
- Dress appropriately for work, according to BCAD and Ambassador Program standards.
- Attend orientation before being assigned to work in the Airport terminals. Interns will be assigned to work with a veteran Ambassador, for at least, the first 20 hours of their internship.
- Demonstrate a SUNsational attitude and be ready and willing to assist, at all times.
- Ambassadors are trained in customer relations to assist passengers with the many questions they have about FLL’s facility and services. The information they provide includes airline and gate locations, restaurants, internet services, rental car services, ground transportation, hotels and tourist information.
- Obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge.
- Work a minimum of one, four-hour shift each week. Due to the 24/7 nature of the Airport, evening and weekend schedules are also available.
- Print and then complete the following form: Ambassador Internship Application (PDF) Please submit a copy of your Driver’s License or State ID with the application.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com or mail the completed form to:
Broward County Aviation Department
2200 SW 45th Street, Suite 101
Dania Beach, FL 33312
The Volunteer Coordinator will call you after receiving the forms.
Job Opportunities at BCAD
The Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) manages Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and North Perry Airport (a general aviation facility).
There are two ways to apply for employment at BCAD:
1. For most open positions, apply through the Broward County Human Resources Division's website.
2. For selected BCAD positions, apply directly to BCAD's Human Resource Department by following the instructions for each position.
Internships with the Operations Division
For more information about internships (paid and volunteer) with the Operations Division, call 954-359-1213.
Employment Opportunities with FLL Tenants
Employment opportunities with the tenants at FLL and North Perry (airlines, concessions, parking, security, etc.) are handled by each organization. Please contact these organizations directly through their respective websites, or visit FLL's Tenant Directory. If you need further assistance, contact us at 954-359-1249.
Employment Opportunities with Consultants and Contractors
If you are an individual or company looking for a job or work on the South Runway Expansion Project, contact the consultants or contractors that may be hiring.