Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Print the FLL Fact Sheet (PDF)
Broward County Aviation Department
2200 Southwest 45th Street, Suite 101, Dania Beach, FL 33312
Greg Meyer, Public Information Officer, 954-359-6116, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.fll.net
North Runway (10L-28R) 9,000’ x 150’
South Runway (10R-28L) 8,000' x 150'
Terminals and Gates
Four terminals with 57 gates. Three gates are currently closed.
Land Area Acreage
Approximately 1,400 acres
2014 Total Passengers
24.6 million - Ranked 21st among U.S. airports
Click on the image for a larger version.
- Three garages next to the terminals offer hourly, daily, and valet parking and provide 8,992 spaces.
- Airport Economy Parking is a remote long-term lot has 4,012 spaces. It is located at 2755 S.W. 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- Cell Phone Waiting Area provides 47 spaces just seconds from the arrival areas for private (not for hire) vehicles.
Passenger Traffic Milestones
December 1969 – 1 million
December 1994 – 10 million
December 2004 – 20 million
• $10.6 billion total annual economic impact
• On - Airport jobs 12,500
• Additional 135,000 jobs through ancillary services
May 1929 – Merle Fogg Airport dedicated.
January 1948 – Broward County assumes control of the airport from the U.S. Navy.
June 1953 – Commercial service starts with Mackey Airlines flying to Nassau, Bahamas.
October 1959 – Airport renamed Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International.
January 2012 - Groundbreaking for the expanded South Runway.
September 2014 - South Runway opens on time and within budget.
North Perry Airport (HWO)
Print the HWO Fact Sheet (PDF)
101 SW 77th Way
Pembroke Pines, FL 33023
After Hours/Emergency: 954-359-1201 (Communications Center at FLL)
Web Site: www.northperryairport.net
Media Contact: Greg Meyer, Public Information Officer, 954-359-6116, email@example.com,
1. 9R – 27L is 3,225 feet long with pilot controlled medium intensity lighting for 24-hour operation
2. 9L – 27L is 3,241 feet long
3. 18R – 36L is 3,350 feet long with pilot controlled medium intensity lighting for 24-hour operation
4. 18R – 36R is 3,260 feet long
118 T-Hangars and over 200 tie-down spaces for aircraft storage.
Over 350 based at the airport.
Limited to a maximum take-off weight of 12,500 pounds.
About 150,000 take-offs and landings in 2014. Over 50% of these operations are flight training activities from five flight schools.
Air Traffic Control Tower
Hours of operation from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Five flight schools
- Two banner towers
- Several news helicopters
- Two fixed based operators with both offering AvGas and Jet A fueling
- Five maintenance facilities
2008 General Aviation Airport of the Year by the Florida Department of Transportation.
2010 Federal Aviation Administration Runway Safety Award.
Through the State of Florida Department of Transportation
The Florida Department of Transportation completed a comprehensive economic impact analysis in 2010. They estimated North Perry Airport has a $133 million annual impact on the community.
1956 Broward County acquired the airport from the U.S. Navy