Ravenswood Road/Bridge Closed Over Dania Cut Canal On December 1
The Ravenswood Road/Bridge over the Dania Cut-Off Canal will close to traffic on Tuesday, December 1, 2015. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) expects the contractor to complete the work by summer 2017.
Phase 1A: Fall 2015—Spring 2016
- Ravenswood Road will be open during this phase to allow motorists and pedestrians access to the Rustic Inn from Griffin Road.
- Ravenswood Road will be closed to thru traffic from the Rustic Inn to SW 42nd Street. Motorists may experience periodic single lane closures along Ravenswood Road near the bridge. Flag crews will direct motorists through the work zone.
Phase 1B: Spring 2016—Spring 2017
- The bridge will be closed continuously to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Motorists shall use the following detour: SW 42nd Street to SW 30th Avenue to Griffin Road.
- More information will be distributed prior to full closure.
Phases 2 & 3: Spring 2017-Summer 2017
- During these phases, motorists may experience periodic single lane closures along Ravenswood Road from SW 45th Street to SW 42nd Street.
- Flag crews will direct motorists through the work zone.
This information is subject change pending weather delays and other unforeseen conditions.
- Install new drainage, water, and sewer lines.
- Driveway reconstruction at SW 42nd Court.
- Remove existing bridge and fender system.
- Construct new bridge and fender system.
- Reconstruct Ravenswood Rd.
- Dredge and armor the canal to ensure that the canal bottom maintains a navigable shape.
- Construct sidewalk on west side of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Install a dedicated 5-foot bike lane in each direction of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Remove old asphalt and resurface Ravenswood Rd. at the intersections of SW 45th St. and SW 42nd St.
- Add signing and pavement markings.
The Florida Department of Transportation has awarded a $4,789,933.18 million contract to Morrison-Cobalt JV to replace the Ravenswood Road Bridge over the Dania Cut-off Canal.
If you want to receive project updates, lane closure information, as well as a weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject of “Ravenswood Road Bridge Replacement Project”.
Contact Casey Liening, Public Information Officer
Exit Ramp Opens to US 1 Southbound
Click on the image for a larger version
The Airport exit ramp is now open US 1 southbound. The new ramp leads drivers to the intersection of NE 10th Street and US 1 where they turn left to head south on US 1. Motorists have the option to continue west to Griffin Road and I-95 or they may turn right and head north on US 1.
Construction crews also installed street lighting and directional signs along the route.
Two variable message signs (VMS) have been installed directing US-1 southbound traffic to use the new ramp. Additionally, there is a VMS board at the curve of 7th to 10th directing traffic to continue to the right for US-1.
Before the ramp opened, drivers had to travel north on US 1, then make a U-turn to head south on US 1.
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®