The Ravenswood Road/Bridge Closed To Traffic Over The Dania Cut Canal
The Ravenswood Road/Bridge over the Dania Cut-Off Canal is closed to traffic. The bridge will undergo major improvements. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) expects the contractor to complete the work by summer 2017.
Phase 1B: Spring 2016—Spring 2017
- The bridge is closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Motorists shall use the following detour: SW 42nd Street to SW 30th Avenue to Griffin Road.
- More information will be distributed prior to full closure.
Phases 2 & 3: Spring 2017-Summer 2017
- During these phases, motorists may experience periodic single lane closures along Ravenswood Road from SW 45th Street to SW 42nd Street.
- Flag crews will direct motorists through the work zone.
This information is subject change pending weather delays and other unforeseen conditions.
- Install new drainage, water, and sewer lines.
- Driveway reconstruction at SW 42nd Court.
- Remove existing bridge and fender system.
- Construct new bridge and fender system.
- Reconstruct Ravenswood Rd.
- Dredge and armor the canal to ensure that the canal bottom maintains a navigable shape.
- Construct sidewalk on west side of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Install a dedicated 5-foot bike lane in each direction of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Remove old asphalt and resurface Ravenswood Rd. at the intersections of SW 45th St. and SW 42nd St.
- Add signing and pavement markings.
The Florida Department of Transportation has awarded a $4,789,933.18 million contract to Morrison-Cobalt JV to replace the Ravenswood Road Bridge over the Dania Cut-off Canal.
If you want to receive project updates, lane closure information, as well as a weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject of “Ravenswood Road Bridge Replacement Project”.
Contact Casey Liening, Public Information Officer
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®