After Action Report
Read the Active Shooter Incident and Post-Event Response January 6, 2017 After Action Report (PDF).
The Ravenswood Road/Bridge Closed To Traffic Over The Dania Cut Canal
The Ravenswood Road/Bridge over the Dania Cut-Off Canal is closed to traffic. The bridge is undergoing major improvements. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) expects the contractor to complete the work by fall 2017.
- The bridge is closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Motorists can use the following detour: SW 42nd Street to SW 30th Avenue to Griffin Road.
- Boaters can expect periodic daily closures of the Dania Cut-Off Canal.
Summer 2017 - Fall 2017
- The bridge is expected to open to vehicular traffic. Periodic single lane closures may occur and flag crews will direct motorists through the work zone.
- Boaters can expect minimal impact.
This information is subject change pending weather delays and other unforeseen conditions.
- Install new drainage, water, and sewer lines.
- Driveway reconstruction at SW 42nd Court.
- Remove existing bridge and fender system.
- Construct new bridge and fender system.
- Reconstruct Ravenswood Rd.
- Dredge and armor the canal to ensure that the canal bottom maintains a navigable shape.
- Construct sidewalk on west side of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Install a dedicated 5-foot bike lane in each direction of Ravenswood Rd. from SW 45th St. to SW 42nd St.
- Remove old asphalt and resurface Ravenswood Rd. at the intersections of SW 45th St. and SW 42nd St.
- Add signing and pavement markings.
The Florida Department of Transportation has awarded a $4,789,933.18 million contract to Morrison-Cobalt JV to replace the Ravenswood Road Bridge over the Dania Cut-off Canal.
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®