What is FLLAIR?
The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Improvements and Renovations Program (FLLAIR) will:
- Improve and modernize the terminals by offering more food and shopping choices, seating, and bathrooms.
- Add destinations through more gates that can handle both international and domestic flights.
- Minimize flights delays by adding a second runway that increases the number of take-offs and landings.
- New South Runway
- Concourse A in Terminal 1
- Terminals 1, 2, and 3 Modernization
- Terminal 4 Expansion
- Pedestrian Bridges
FLLAIR’s main goal is to provide a better customer experience through modern facilities.
The Broward County Aviation Department will spend $2.4 billion over the next four years on these improvements. No Broward County tax dollars will be used for these projects. Funding will come from:
- Airport Revenues
- Passenger Facility Charges
- Federal and State Grants