Terminal 1 Modernization and Concourse A
|As part of the FLL Airport Improvement and Renovation Program (FLLAIR), Southwest Airlines is adding a new Concourse A to Terminal 1. The project also includes modernizing the existing terminal. Construction activities will go on while the terminal remains open with minimal disruption to the passengers.
Workers place concrete for the concourse level.
Benefits of the expansion project:
- Concourse A will have a Customs Facility with five gates to handle both international and domestic flights.
- One centralized security checkpoint for all three concourses on the ticketing level. This will allow a more efficient processing of passengers through the security checkpoint.
- Building a concession hall between Concourses B and C with new dining and shopping choices.
Terminal 4 Expansion
|When complete, customers will have more destination options as gates will increase from 10 to 14. The new terminal will have 12 gates for both international and domestic flights. There will be two gates for only domestic flights.
Rendering of the Eastern phase.
The new Customs Facility expansion will handle more travelers per hour. Size will increase from 35,000 to 120,000 square feet.
The western expansion is complete so work on the eastern expansion began this quarter.
For the Eastern Expansion Crews are Installing:
- Over 500 piles for the foundation.
- Concrete for the concourse level.
Terminals 2 & 3 Modernizations
|The Terminal 2 Modernization project will create a concession hall with an open food court and shops. Gate seating will increase for departing passengers. The majority of the terminal will receive new ceilings, terrazzo flooring, and paint.
Rendering of the runway view of the concession hall.
The Terminal 3 Modernization project has enhanced the terminal’s appearance by installing new terrazzo floors, carpeting, and wall finishes.