Construction Activities from April 13 - 18 and April 20 - 25
Contractors will perform the following work:
Click on the image for a larger version.
View and/or print a larger Work Area Map (PDF).
Crossfield Taxiways (Areas 3, 4, and 5)
- Demolishing and recycling the old taxiway pavement.
- Installing drainage, utilities, and lighting.
- Grading the ground.
- Placing the base layer and the final top layer of concrete.
Terminal 4 Building and Apron (Area 6)
- Installing structural steel for the concession frames.
- Installing the dry wall, electrical, fire protection, and plumbing.
- Installing the elevators and escalators.
- Painting the dry walls.
- Preparing the subgrade for the aircraft parking apron.
- Placing the apron concrete.
Terminal 3 (Area 9)
- Completing the terrazzo floor on Las Olas Blvd. which is now post security.
- Completing the construction of three rest rooms near Concourse E pre security.
Covered Walkways (Area 10)
- Installing covered walkways between Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Look at a larger version of the Construction Area Map (PDF).
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®