More Non-Stop Adventure On The Way
Nearly two dozen markets, including first-time and existing FLL routes, will see new non-stop service by year-end 2018, offering travelers even more U.S. and international gateway choices. Here's a quick list of what's to come and what's been added:
- Starting Dec. 15 through March 30, 2019, JetBlue Airways will offer seasonal service between FLL and Steamboat Springs, Colorado. JetBlue also added service to Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, earlier this year.
- Spirit Airlines will begin year-round flights to Cali, Colombia on Dec. 20, marking its fifth Colombian destination from FLL. The airline has expanded several other services already: Asheville and Greensboro, North Carolina, in September; St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, in June; Cap Haitien, Haiti, in April; and Guayaquil, Ecuador, in March.
- In November, Denver, Colorado-based Frontier resumed operations at FLL with year-round flights to Trenton, New Jersey and Islip, New York.
- Allegiant added new service to Flint, Michigan, in October.
- Southwest Airlines added San Antonio, Texas in July and Oranjestad, Aruba in March.
- In May, Brazilian carrier Azul began flying between FLL and Recife, Brazil.