More Places to Getaway
FLL's route map continues to expand with new or expanded domestic and international destinations. A handful of new year-round and returning seasonal routes are scheduled to start before the end of 2019, adding to the list of routes already launched this year.
Here's a round-up of soon-to-launch flights and destinations:
- Spirit Airlines: Daily nonstop service to Nashville, Tennessee starts October 10
- Southwest Airlines: Seasonal Sunday-only service to Birmingham, Alabama begins November 3
- JetBlue Airways: Twice-weekly seasonal service to Steamboat Springs, Colorado resumes December 14
- Air Transat: New flights to/from Vancouver, Canada launch December 20
Updated: July 22, 2019
Air service launched during the first quarter of 2019:
• Silver Airways: New service to Pensacola, Florida began on February 13 and to Daytona Beach on January 16
• JetBlue Airways: Guayaquil, Ecuador started on February 28, and service to Phoenix, Arizona and St. Maarten, Dutch Caribbean began on February 14
• Spirit Airlines: Jacksonville, Florida, and Austin, Texas flights launched on February 14
• Frontier: Seasonal service to Denver, Colorado began March 14
• WestJet: New seasonal service to St. John's, Newfoundland started on March 11 and runs until May 13
The additional routes serve to boost FLL's overall capacity to connect travelers with more U.S. and international gateways. In December, JetBlue added new seasonal service between FLL and Steamboat Springs, Colorado, which ran through March 30. That same month, Spirit also rolled out new year-round service to Cali, Colombia, its fifth Colombian destination served from FLL. Meanwhile, Frontier resumed service between FLL and Islip, New York and Trenton, New Jersey in November.
Updated: March 22, 2019
More Non-Stop Adventure On The Way
Nearly two dozen markets, including first-time and existing FLL routes, saw new non-stop service in 2018, offering travelers even more U.S. and international gateway choices. Here's a quick list of what's to come and what's been added:
- Starting Dec. 15, 2018 through March 30, 2019, JetBlue Airways will offer seasonal service between FLL and Steamboat Springs, Colorado. JetBlue also added service to Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, earlier this year.
- Spirit Airlines began year-round flights to Cali, Colombia on Dec. 20, marking its fifth Colombian destination from FLL. The airline has expanded several other services already: Asheville and Greensboro, North Carolina, in September; St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, in June; Cap Haitien, Haiti, in April; and Guayaquil, Ecuador, in March.
- In November, Denver, Colorado-based Frontier resumed operations at FLL with year-round flights to Trenton, New Jersey and Islip, New York.
- Allegiant added new service to Flint, Michigan, in October.
- Southwest Airlines added San Antonio, Texas in July and Oranjestad, Aruba in March.
- In May, Brazilian carrier Azul began flying between FLL and Recife, Brazil.
Updated: December 12, 2018