Welcome to our online Rabies Registration Tag system! Here you will be able to make a first-time purchase of your pet’s Registration Tag, or renew your pet’s tag.
Purchasing a Broward County Rabies Registration Tag is one of the most important things you can do for your dog or cat. Not only does it help to give your pet a “voice” so they can be identified if they become lost, but it also entitles your pet to a “free ride home” if he becomes lost from home for the first time. The tag is so important to your pet, that it is required by County ordinance for ALL dogs and cats 4 months of age or older.
Before you begin your online purchase, please have the following information with you:
1. A copy of your pet’s current Rabies Certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian.
2. A valid credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover cards are all accepted).
Once you purchase the tag, you will have to submit the Rabies Certificate to us as proof of vaccination (you cannot purchase the tag unless your pet has received a recent rabies vaccination).
You have three options for submitting your pet's rabies vaccination certificate to us:
1. Fax a copy of your rabies certificate to: 954-359-1008 (Attention: Web Lic)
2. Email a scanned copy to: ANIMALCARE@broward.org
3. Mail your rabies certificate to:
Animal Care, Att: Web Lic
1870 SW 39th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
PLEASE NOTE: Registration fees are nonrefundable and cannot be transferred. Once we receive your Rabies Certificate, your pet’s tag will be sent to you within 14 days. If you prefer to purchase the tag by another method, click here to view your other options.