A Community Service Worker is an individual who has court-mandated community service hours to complete.
Students who are required to complete service hours for school are considered volunteers, not Community Service Workers. If you are a student and need to perform community service hours, please refer to the information above on our volunteer program.
To do community service work at Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, you must be at least 18 years old and pass a criminal background check. Broward County does not accept anyone for community service work that has a felony offense.
There are a limited number of charges for which Community Service Workers may fulfill their service hours at Animal Care. Please call 954-359-1313 for information on which offenses are accepted.
Follow these easy steps:
- Access and print off theCommunity Service Worker Application.
- Complete, sign and date all forms.
- Attach a copy of your driver's license, state identification or passport.
- Attach a copy of your Court Disposition papers.
- Mail your completed application packet, photo identification, and Court Disposition papers to:
Animal Care Volunteer Administrator
1870 S.W. 39th St.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
If your application is approved, you will be assigned to assist Broward County Animal Care and Adoption as needed.