Call for Applications
Broward County Public Art & Design Video Tour
Broward County’s Public Art & Design program was established in 1976 and there are approximately 260 artworks in the collection with more than 1,000 individual components. The Cultural Division, through its Public Art & Design program, is seeking applications from qualified professionals to create multiple video tours of the County’s public art collection. The goal for the video tour is to provide virtual access to the collection utilizing an approach which will highlight and explain the art and captivate the viewer. In addition, drone photography will be used to explore up to 50 of the artworks. Voice-overs, interviews and captions will be required to explain the imagery or artist’s intent, the name of the artist, medium, and the date that the artwork was created. Respondents to this Call for Applications shall describe in their letter of interest whether they are able to utilize virtual reality to optimize the tour, either as part of the video(s) or as a separate creative product.
The completed video(s) will be displayed on the Cultural Division’s website, on contractual platforms for the County’s cultural videos, and in County facilities and outlets, and may also be used for community information and outreach. A short version of the video(s) may be used for social media and public distribution through open video platforms. For more information about the public art collection and to view individual works of art please go to: http://www.broward.org/ARTS/PUBLICART/PADTOUR
Scope of Services
• Create one video tour with drone footage, voice-over and captions of a sufficient length to fully present the public art collection. The video tour will show all 260 artworks, or as determined by the Cultural Division.
• In addition to the video tour of the full art collection, produce two (2) abbreviated versions with a length of no more than two (2) minutes and no less than 30 seconds.
• Produce individual video tours of artwork at selected locations, including but not limited to: 1) Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport; 2) Port Everglades; and, 3) outdoor artwork throughout the County.
• Incorporate drone footage and graphics. Utilization of virtual reality is highly desirable.
• Application materials due: February 20, 2017
• Selected individuals and firms invited to submit proposals: March 20, 2017
• Interviews: April, 2017
• Selected individual or firm notified: Upon final approval by County
• Notice to proceed: Following full execution of an agreement with the County
*All dates are tentative and subject to change at the County’s discretion
The information and documentation below must arrive by e-mail at the Broward Cultural Division no later than the date specified.
One (1) Digital Copy
• URL for up to two (2) sample videos - Each sample should be limited to two (2) minutes maximum in length. All videos must be clearly titled and should correspond in order to the Annotated Video List.
• Letter of Interest - The half-page maximum letter should state interest in the project, outline the approach to the activity, and highlight relevant past experience on projects of similar budget and scope. The letter shall also state if and how virtual reality could be used in the video tour.
• Professional Résumé - Include videography experience. Note experience with art photography and videography. Teams should submit one résumé for each team member.
• One (1) sample video script of a previous project.
• Annotated Video List - Name of work, location of artwork, budget, video name, URL location, and any other relevant information.
• Two (2) Professional References – Include phone number and email address.
Note: Submitted materials will not be returned.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2017, 5:00 pm EST
Contact: Leslie Fordham, Public Art & Design Administrator
Phone: (954) 357-7532
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org