The Office of the County Auditor is responsible for the internal audit functions of the County. Our main objectives are to assess the adequacy of internal controls within the County, determine compliance with contracts, laws and regulations and provide recommendations, when feasible, to correct or improve the accountability, efficiency and effectiveness of County agencies and programs.
The County Auditor’s mission is to serve Broward County’s residents by conducting objective and independent reviews of county operations to improve the accountability, efficiency and effectiveness of county agencies and programs.
Our staff is committed to:
- Being objective and independent in all assigned tasks.
- Acting in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Doing consistently reliable, credible and meaningful work.
- Treating all stakeholders with respect, courtesy and fairness.
- Fostering a team spirit that encourages each Office staff’s personal and professional growth.
- Taking pride in our work and establishing effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Striving for excellence in everything we do.