Broward County Transit and the Florida Department of Transportation must relocate the 95 Express Bus Service from the Miramar Town Center due to its overwhelming success which has exceeded the allotted parking capacity.
Friday, February 28, 2014, will be the last day the 95 Express Miramar will service the Miramar Town Center to and from Miami Civic Center and downtown Miami.
Starting on Monday, March 3, 2014, the 95 Express Miramar route to Miami Civic Center will provide service from North Perry Airport in Pembroke, with one kiss-and-ride stop at Miramar Boulevard and University Drive.
A new 95 Express Miramar route will start at the Miramar Regional Park with parking available and make one additional kiss-and-ride stop at Miramar Parkway and Flamingo Road.
The 95 Express Pembroke Pines route at CB Smith Park to downtown Miami will no longer stop at the Miramar Town Center, and a park-and-ride stop has been added to the route at the Ansin Sports Complex in Miramar.
We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause to your daily commute. Please continue to refer to this web site for updated information on the service.
Please note the following:
- CB Smith park-and-ride location has been expanded to accommodate 124 passenger vehicles and provides walkways, lighting, pavement markings and an emergency call box.
- Entrance to the park-and-ride lot at North Perry Airport is on Pembroke Road, at the northeast corner of Pembroke Road and University Drive.
- Entrance to the Ansin Sports Complex is located on Miramar Boulevard, just south of Hiatus Road.
- Entrance to the Miramar Regional Park is located on SW 172 Avenue, north of Miramar Parkway. Parking is located at the southwest corner of the Park.
- ‘Wayfinding’ signs at North Perry Airport, Ansin Sports Complex and Miramar Regional Park will provide park-and-ride directions.
- Parking is free at all park-and-ride locations. Parking decals are not required.
See below for new schedules, effective March 3, 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why is service ending at the Miramar Transit Center? Due to the overwhelming success of the 95 Express Bus Service at the Miramar Town Center, there isn’t sufficient parking to continue to accommodate the transit riders. In addition, major residential development currently under construction will also have an impact on available parking for both transit riders and the residents residing at the adjacent development.
- When will service end at the Miramar Transit Center? Friday, February 28, 2014 will be the last day of express bus service at the Miramar Transit Center. On Monday, March 3, 2014 the service will be relocated to the North Perry Airport Park-and-Ride location in Pembroke Pines.
- What are my other park-and-ride options? If you are a 95 Express Downtown Miami customer, the CB Smith Park-and-Ride is located at the northwest corner of Pines Boulevard and Flamingo Road. There are currently 124 spaces available for commuter use free of charge. Ansin Sports Complex park-and-ride is located at Miramar Boulevard between Hiatus Road and Palm Avenue. There are currently 95 spaces available for commuter use free of charge.
If you ride the 95 Express Civic Center route, the North Perry Airport park-and ride is located at the northeast corner of Pembroke Road and University Drive. The Miramar Regional Park park-and-ride is located north of Miramar Parkway on SW 172 Avenue.
The 95 Express Downtown Miami route WILL NOT operate from the North Perry Airport and Miramar Regional Park. Two additional park-and-rides that serve both Downtown Miami and the Civic Center are located at the Pembroke Commons Shopping Plaza on University Drive just south of Johnson Street, and at the Golden Glades Interchange with express bus service provided by Miami-Dade Transit.
- Why were the temporary park-and-ride locations chosen? We have been actively working to acquire a permanent long-term park and ride location since the fall of 2011. We pursued various locations throughout the cities of Pembroke Pines and Miramar; unfortunately, we were not successful in acquiring one of the preferred locations due to reasons that were beyond our control.
- Will North Perry Airport, Ansin Sportsplex and Miramar Regional Park be permanent locations for the 95 Express bus routes? BCT, with our partners from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), are actively seeking other locations throughout southwest Broward with the goal to acquire a more convenient, permanent park-and-ride location.
- What are the future plans for the 95 Express Bus Service? In the summer of 2014, additional funding will be made available to expand the express service. The number one objective is to secure a convenient park-and-ride location in the cities of Miramar and Pembroke Pines. A survey conducted earlier this year revealed that our customers prefer these two locations. Once these sites have been acquired they would be the permanent park-and-ride locations.
Other improvements currently under review are for improved service frequencies, earlier morning and later evening service, possible extensions of the Downtown Miami route to the Brickell Financial District and the Civic Center route to the Miami Airport Central Station. In addition, BCT is looking to provide a different type of vehicle that will enhance our customer’s travel experience. This new vehicle would be similar to what is currently being used by Greyhound to provide more comfortable seating, a quieter, smoother ride, and Wi-Fi which our customers have grown to love.