MyRide Broward – Broward County Transit’s Real Time Bus Tracking Program is here!
Know when your next bus is coming.
Broward County Transit (BCT) is now testing MyRide web site – which provides estimated bus arrival time to its customers via MyRide web site and soon in a mobile app.
Visit MyRide.Broward.org to find out your next bus estimated arrival time and send any feedback to email@example.com. Follow BCT on Facebook, sign up for Transit Flash or stay tuned to the website for more updated information on MyRide Broward!
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about MyRide Broward.
- What is MyRide Broward? What is Real Time?
MyRide.Broward.org is a planning system that lets you know when the next three buses will arrive at your location (your bus stop). Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) technology is used to locate buses to provide estimated times of arrival. This information is available on MyRide.Broward.org and soon will in the MyRide mobile app. Customer service can also assist when you call 954.357.8400.
- When will this service be available?
MyRide.Broward.org web site is now available for customers to test and MyRide mobile app will be available soon.
- How will MyRide.Broward.org work?
GPS technology is used to locate buses on their routes and updates this information in real time. Bus arrivals are predicted with a high degree of accuracy because traffic patterns and scheduled stops are taken into consideration.
- What are the benefits of using MyRide Broward?
Many unexpected problems can delay or interrupt bus service. By using MyRide to know when the next bus is going to arrive, you can minimize time spent waiting for a bus. You will know when to leave home or the office in order to meet the bus. This is especially helpful during inclement weather.
You can create an account and get alerts on your route at the times you usually travel. This will save you having to select your route and stop each time you use MyRide.
- Where will I be able to download the MyRide Broward app?
On BCT website at the new website: MyRide.Broward.org (now live) and on app stores on your phone or tablet (not yet available).
- If I’m at a bus stop waiting, how will I access MyRide application at bus stop?
• Go to the MyRide.Broward.org website on your device, write down your stop id (number on bus stop sign) to find directions and location in map. For more instructions on how to use, download the user guide or visit the user guide page.
• In mobile app (to be available in Google Play soon), select the "Plan a Trip" option. A map with your location and bus stops around you will open. Select your stop to see all routes near stop.
- What is the cost of downloading the My Ride app?
The app will be free to download and use.
- I don’t have a smart phone, how will I access the service?
On your desktop, visit MyRide.Broward.org or call customer service at 954.357.8400. If you don’t have access to a computer, visit a Broward County library.