BROWARD COUNTY, FL – The Broward County Commission will hold a public hearing at 10AM on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at the Broward County Governmental Center, Room 422, 115 South Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, to receive public input on Broward County Transit’s (BCT) proposed fixed-route bus service improvements. If no revisions are made to the service plan, these route changes will become final and go into effect in the Summer and Fall of 2019.
Following is a description of the proposed transit service improvements:
Proposed Improvements for Summer 2019:
- Routes 4, 12, & 31 – More frequent daily service and expanded evening hours
- Route 12 - More frequent daily service, expanded evening hours, and service change to service connections at Westfield Broward Mall instead of W. Regional Terminal
- Route 16 – More frequent daily service, expanded evening hours and restoration of Sunday service
- Route 19 – More frequent Saturday service to Boca Raton, and extended service on Sunday to Boca Raton
- Route 88 – More frequent daily service, expanded evening hours and restoration of Saturday and Sunday service, new service to Westfield Broward Mall
Proposed Improvements for Fall 2019:
- Route 8 – Restoration of service along Taft Street between Young Circle and Pembroke Lakes Mall
- Routes 15 and 23 – More frequent daily service, expanded midday and evening hours, and restoration of Saturday and Sunday service
- Route 55 – More frequent daily service and expanded evening hours
- Route 56 – More frequent daily service, expanded evening hours and restoration of Saturday and Sunday service, new Service to Westfield Broward Mall
- Route 62 – More frequent daily service and expanded evening hours
- Route 101 – Expanded hours of service
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons with disabilities who require assistance should notify BCT at (954) 357-8481 or phone the TTY line at (954) 357-8302 at least 2 business days in advance of the meeting.
If you are unable to attend the public hearing, send your written comments to Broward County Transit, Customer Relations and Communications, 1 North University Drive, Suite 2401B, Plantation, FL 33324, or send comments online to email@example.com.