APTA (American Public Transportation Association) –
Stand Up 4 Transportation.
On Thursday, April 9th, Broward County Transit (BCT) is making plans to join the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) a nationwide Stand Up for Transportation Day.
This is an opportunity to call attention to the importance of infrastructure investment and the need for a long-term surface transportation authorization bill. MAP-21, which is the federal surface transportation legislation, expires on May 31.
Federal investment in transportation is so important to our community. Over the past few years, Congress has only passed short-term fixes for transportation funding. Without consistent long-term funding, many public transportation projects have been delayed, slowed, or put on hold indefinitely.
Join BCT on Thursday, April 9th at one of the following locations, for a chance to sign a petition, which asks Congress to provide the long term investment in our nation’s transportation infrastructure that will keep America moving forward.
Sign the petition and receive a free Stand Up for Transportation t-shirt while quantities last.
- Broward Central Terminal: 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Northeast Transit Center: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- West Regional Terminal: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Lauderhill Mall Transfer Facility: 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- BB&T Park & Ride Facility: 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Ansin Sports Complex: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Miramar Regional Park Park & Ride Facility: 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- North Perry Airport Park & Ride Facility: 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Government Center East: 9 a.m. to Noon
- Government Center West: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Stand up together - Sign the online petition