In April of 2018, Broward County Transit (BCT) launched an update of its 10-year Transit Development Plan (TDP) called BCT Connected, which will identify and prioritize improvements and services for transit in Broward County over the next 10 years. As part of this effort, the current transit system is evaluated to determine existing and future needs. We want your comments and ideas on how the current transit system is working and what you think is needed in the next 10 years.
What is BCT Connected?
BCT Connected is Broward County’s Transit Development Plan, or TDP. The TDP is how BCT ensures it is providing the services necessary to support the community’s travel needs and maintains eligibility for funding from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). The TDP includes the following sections:
- Baseline conditions - information about population, employment, and transit system trends
- Public input - opportunities for the community to participate in the process
- Goals and objectives - statements to guide the actions to produce the desired outcomes
- Transit demand - assessment of the need for existing and new services
- Future directions - setting of the direction for transit for the 10-year period
The TDP is updated annually and a major update is conducted every five years. BCT Connected is a major update that will cover Fiscal Years 2019-2028.
How can you get involved?
There will be several opportunities throughout the BCT Connected process for you to participate.
- When you are out and about, look for the BCT Connected logo. Wherever you see the BCT Connected logo, we will be gathering information for the plan. A list of upcoming events will be updated throughout the project.
Complete our survey at one of our events or online at SurveyMonkey.
- Submit a comment or sign up to receive BCT announcements at an event or at below email.
For more information on the BCT Connected, please contact us at BCTConnected@broward.org.
Previous Transit Development Plans (TDPs)
BCT’s current TDP (for 10/1/17 – 9/30/18) can be located at:
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®