The County provides programs and resources designed to help employees such as:
- Donated Leave Program
- Florida Prepaid College Program
- Health Stations
- Wellness Incentive Programs (Pharmacy Copay Waiver, Disease Management, Smoking Surcharge/Cessation, Humana Vitality program)
- Wellness Resource Centers
- Wellness Seminars and Health Fairs
- On-site testing (mammogram van, angio screening, Vitality finger stick screening and more)
- Educational Seminars on Deferred Comp, Retirement, DROP, Social Security, Legal Issues, etc.
DONATED LEAVE PROGRAM
Benefit eligible employees, who meet certain criteria, may donate a portion of their accrued annual leave and sick leave to other qualified employees.
Annual leave may be donated/received in the event of a non-worker’s compensation serious* illness or injury typically requiring surgery or hospitalization of an:
- Employee’s child, stepchild (if domiciled in the employee’s household,) parent, spouse/domestic partner or their child dependent
Sick leave may also be donated/received in the event of the extended serious* illness or injury of an:
*Approval for illnesses or injuries will be based on review of medical documentation.
Approved recipients of donated leave must have exhausted all available and applicable paid leave including:
- accrued sick leave
- annual leave
- job basis leave
- compensatory time
- personal days
As a prerequisite for applying for Donated Leave, recipients must be on approved FMLA leave or have exhausted all FMLA leave available to them. The Donated Leave program does not cover all illness, injuries or health conditions covered by FMLA.
- may give a maximum of 80 hours of sick leave per calendar year
- may give a maximum of 80 hours of annual leave per calendar year
- must have a remaining balance of 160 hours to donate sick leave
- must have a remaining balance of 80 hours to donate annual leave
Application forms are available on the BC-Net under the Forms Tab, Human Resources, Employee Benefit Services. Contact Employee Benefit Services for information about donating or receiving donated leave.
FLORIDA PREPAID COLLEGE PROGRAM
The Florida Prepaid College Program allows parents, grandparents and others to lock in the cost of college at today’s prices. The County makes it easy for you to make your payments by offering payroll deduction.
If you are already participating in this program and would like to make your payment through payroll deduction, please contact Payroll Central at email@example.com or 954-357-7190 for a form. Completed form should be submitted to Payroll Central in the Governmental Center.
If you are interested in The Florida Prepaid Program be aware participation is restricted to specific enrollment periods. If you would like more information on The Florida Prepaid College Program call 800-552-GRAD or go to floridaprepaidcollege.com.
Knowing your numbers can save your life. The County, through the health plan, has installed several Health Stations for employees to check and track their blood pressure, Body Mass Index, weight, oxygen level, etc. Currently, Health Stations can be found at the following locations: Governmental Center Wellness Resource Center, Government Center West Wellness Resource Center, Aviation Wellness Resource Center, Water and Wastewater Services Administration Building 1 break room, Transportation Services Driver’s Room at Copans and Ravenswood, Traffic
Engineering’s Operations Building, The Mills Center, and Port Everglades Administration Building.
WELLNESS INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
PHARMACY INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Pharmacy Rx co-pay waiver program for employees completing voluntary Vitality Finger Stick screening, Health Risk Assessment and Disease Management Coaching.
- Includes eligible spouses and Domestic Partners.
- The Pharmacy Copay Waiver Incentive program for maintenance medications for certain disease states. The program will be open to insured employees and/or spouse/domestic partners if member participates in the Humana Vitality finger stick screening, online Health Risk Assessment and disease management coaching. Waiver will last through December 31, 2014, and will cover 1st (generic) and 2nd (formulary) tier only for the following Disease States:
- Cardiovascular (cardiovascular covers hypertension, chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonarydisease, coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure)
DISEASE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
The County’s health plans are designed to encourage healthy lifestyles and engage employees in actively managing their health care. Managing chronic, long-term diseases by following medical protocols to keep the diseases under control can help the member live a more healthful and productive life. The Disease Management program managed by our health insurance carrier focuses on the following six disease states:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Participants will receive one-on-one coaching and education from Disease Management nurses and will be eligible for rewards based on compliance with following the protocols established for each disease state.
ONLINE WELLNESS PROGRAM
The health insurance carrier provides an online wellness program that uses cutting edge technology and proven techniques to engage individuals in activities promoting physical fitness, good eating habits and behavioral management. The health improvement program provides customized wellness plans based on personal fitness goals and current state of health. The site offers many features and programs such as:
- Health Risk Assessment to determine vitality age
- Custom made fitness and nutrition plans
- Charts to track your progress
- Programs for children
- Ability to earn points by logging on and completing goals, downloading from a pedometer or heart rate monitor
Access this wellness tool by logging into your secure account through Humana’s web portal.
TOBACCO USE SURCHARGE
Tobacco use in any form has been proven to cause or exacerbate many health conditions. There is a $20 per paycheck surcharge if the employee and/or any insured adult dependent (18+) under the health plan smokes or uses any type of tobacco product. Employees are offered one mid-year option to update the Tobacco Usage Affidavit.
TOBACCO CESSATION ASSISTANCE
To assist tobacco users with quitting, the County has waived the copay for any prescription smoking cessation product or Over-the-Counter product (Nicoderm patch, Nicorette gum, etc.) with a prescription. (Note: There is a smoking cessation pharmacy benefit plan limit of $500 per insured person annually based on the full cost of the product, not the plan copay.) Employees receiving the tobacco surcharge will be given one opportunity mid-year to complete a new affidavit if they, or their insured dependent, has been tobacco-free for the prior 180 days.
WELLNESS RESOURCE CENTERS
Wellness Resource Centers are currently located at the Governmental Center on the third floor in Room 308 next to the cafeteria, Aviation Administration Building (Cabot), Government Center West on the third floor in Room 3300B and atrium area, Transportation Services Driver’s Room at Copans, Aviation Cabot Building, Mills Center, Traffic Engineering Operations Building lobby, Water and Wastewater Services Building 1, and Port Everglades Administration Building, First Floor. The Wellness Resource Centers are designed to provide access to health, dental, vision, retirement, financial and wellness information through printed material, presentations, videos and online access at the computer stations.
WELLNESS SEMINARS AND HEALTH FAIRS
The County is committed to encouraging healthier lifestyles by providing educational and preventive health care information to all of our employees through various wellness programs such as seminars, newsletters, mammogram van program, screenings, self-directed programs, health awareness campaigns and health fairs.