Value of Broward's Beaches
- Broward’s beaches attract 7.2 millions visitors a year, who spend $422 million annually in Broward County.
- Broward’s beaches contribute $548 million annually to Broward County’s economy.
- Broward’s beaches create 17,700 full-time equivalent jobs in the County.
- Broward’s beaches add $1.4 billion to County property values.
- Broward’s beaches impact local government tax revenues by $29 million annually.
- Broward’s beaches protect from storm wave damage over $4 billion in shorefront property, structures, and infrastructure.