Skip navigation links
Skip navigation links
My Wellness
Pre-Tax Plans
Dental Plan - DHMO
Dental Plan - PPO
Health Plan - CDH
Health Plan - HDHP
Pharmacy Provider
Vision Plan
Member Service Contacts
Flexible Spending Account
Health Reimbursement Account
Health Savings Account
After-Tax Plans
Life Insurance
Long Term Care
Long Term Disability
Personal Income Protection Plans
Donated Leave
WageWorks - FAQs
HealthCare Reform
WageWorks - FAQs
Broward County > Benefits > WageWorks - FAQs


With the transition to a new, more robust system, Employee Benefit Services has created a Frequently Asked Questions section to answer some of your questions and concerns. You can contact Employee Benefit Services at 954-357-6700 or e-mail or contact WageWorks Member Services at 855-428-0446.  

FAQs Sections:


Transition to WageWorks 

When can I access my WageWorks account online?
You will be able to register online at WageWorks after September 16, 2013.

Will my FBMC account history be available under WageWorks?
No, historical data will not be transferred to WageWorks. You will be able to access account information prior to August 30, 2013 through your old FBMC account until July 29, 2014.

What is the deactivation period for my FBMC Visa card?
The cards will be deactivated as of 12:01AM, August 30 and the new card will need to be activated by the participant and will have funds loaded as of September 16.

How can I check to see if my WageWorks Health Care Card has been sent to me?
You can check the status of your card by logging into your account at You can see the date the card was mailed out to you.

Where can obtain support or who do I contact if I have questions regarding FSA or HRA claims before and after the hold period?
For support and questions regarding FSA or HRA claims filed against your 2013 account from January 1, 2013 – August 30, 2013, please contact Fringe Benefits Management Company, a Division of WageWorks at  or contact Customer Care at 1-800-342-8017.  For questions regarding claims after the hold period please visit  For assistance with all of your benefit plans, contact Employee Benefit Services at or 954-357-6700. 

Top of Page


WageWorks Health Care Card 

Will I receive two WageWorks Health Care Cards?
No, you will receive one card in your name prior to September 16, 2013. 

Can I request additional cards?
Additional cards can be requested for IRS eligible dependents by phone or online. You will need to provide the last four digits of the dependent's SSN and indicate the IRS status of the dependent (spouse, under the age of 26, qualifying relative, etc). The additional cards will be issued in their name with a unique card number tied to your account(s).

How do I activate my new WageWorks Health Care Card?
It’s easy – just call the toll free activation number indicated on your card.

Should I choose “credit” or “debit” when swiping my card?
When you swipe your card at the checkout, choose "credit' (even though it isn’t a credit card).

Where can I go to find a list of qualified merchants?
Go to to review a list of qualified merchants that accept the card.

What happens if I lose my card?
If you lose your Card, please call WageWorks at 1-855-428-0446 immediately to report your missing Card and order a new one. You will be responsible for any charges until you report the lost Card.

Flexible Spending Accounts Only: If I have a letter of medical necessity to purchase a non-eligible OTC item, will I be able to pay for it with a Health Care card?
The IRS approval system will only allow the standard list of eligible OTC items to be purchased via the card. Any items that are not on this list will require a letter of medical necessity and will need to be paid for with another form of payment and reimbursed via a Claim Form.

Top of Page



How can I be reimbursed from my account(s)?
You can be reimbursed from your accounts using the following three options:
• Using your Smartphone or Mobile Device
• Pay Online
• File a claim

Using your Smartphone or Mobile Device
With the EZ Receipts mobile app from WageWorks, you can file and manage your reimbursement claims paperwork on the spot, with a click of your smartphone or mobile device camera, from anywhere.

To use EZ Receipts:
Download the app from WageWorks.
Log in to your account.
Choose the type of receipt from the simple menu.
Enter some basic information about the claim.
Use your smartphone camera or device to capture the documentation.
Submit the image and details to WageWorks.

Pay online
You can pay many of your eligible health care and dependent care expenses directly from your HRA or FSA account with no need to fill out paper forms. It's quick, easy, secure and available online at any time.

To pay a provider:
Log in to your HRA/FSA account at WageWorks.
Click either "Health Care' or "Dependent Care." 
Request "Pay My Provider' from the menu and follow the instructions.
When you’re done, WageWorks will send a check directly from your account. If you pay for eligible recurring expenses follow the online instructions to set up automatic monthly payments.

File a claim
You also can file a claim online to request reimbursement for your eligible expenses. Review the Claim and Card Use Verification Checklist.
Go to WageWorks, log into your account and click the Health Care or Dependent Care tab.
Select the online claim form.
Fill in all the information requested on the form and submit.
Scan receipts, EOBs and other supporting documentation.
Attach supporting documentation to your claim by using the upload utility.
To speed processing, remember to save receipts that show exactly what you paid for, the amount and date of service.
Most claims are processed within one to two days after they are received and payments are sent shortly thereafter.

If you prefer to submit a paper claim by fax or mail, you may go to WageWorks and log into your account and download a claim form under the Help link and follow the instructions for submission. File claim via fax or mail - Claim forms may also be filed either via fax or US Mail and sent to the following locations:

  • Fax: 855-291-0625
  • US MAIL: Claims Administrator-FBWW, P.O. Box 14326, Lexington, KY 40512

To submit requirements to WageWorks, you must complete a Card Use Verification form.  The form, along with instructions for completion, can either be mailed or emailed to you; depending on how you are setup to receive notifications from WageWorks. 

If you need copies of your Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) from Humana for submission to WageWorks, you may print them directly from your MyHumana account or you may contact Broward County’s Humana Representatives: Jorge Benitez, 954-357-7191, and Marc Dormeus, 954-357-7192 for assistance. 

The only other acceptable documentation is an itemized bill/receipt from the provider detailing the service provided.  In lieu of submitting documentation, you may reimburse your account by sending in a claim form and check (made out to Broward County) to WageWorks.

How can I check on the status of my reimbursement?
You may check the status of your request by logging in to your account at WageWorks, or by calling customer service at 1-855-428-0446.

How do I receive my reimbursements by direct deposit?
You may sign-up for direct deposit online after you login at WageWorks. You will click on the "profile” link where you can change your payment option.

During the hold period participants should not be submitting any claims to FBMC or WageWorks. WageWorks is requesting you hold receipts until after the hold period and then submit them to WageWorks for reimbursement along with a claim form.

Top of Page



What happens if my current FBMC Account is suspended?
If your account has been suspended by FBMC, in order to avoid tax consequences you must clear your account by submitting required (requested) documentation to FBMC.  Outstanding expenses that are pending receipt of required documentation will become taxable income to you at the end of the year.  You will have 60-days from September 16, 2013 (November 14, 2013) to provide FBMC with required documentation.  If outstanding transactions are not substantiated within the 60-days, the unsubstantiated cost(s) will be reported to the IRS as taxable income and you will receive an IRS 1099 form to file with your income tax. To review your FBMC account:

  • Go to FBMC website
  • Log in and click on the My Account tab, then My Card Transactions.
  • Select the drop-down menu arrown next to Displaying and select Current Year Payment Card Transactions.
  • Look for any transactions colored in red. These are transactions for which you must submit documentation. You may also call Customer Service at 1-800-342-8017 to assist you with determining which transactions need documentation.

Your receipts or documentation will need to include the five key pieces of information:
• Date of service
• Type of service
• Provider name
• Patient name
• Amount you were responsible for paying

If you need copies of your Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) from Humana for submission, you may print them directly from your MyHumana account or you may contact Broward County’s Humana Representatives: Jorge Benitez, 954-357-719, and Marc Dormeus, 954-357-7192 for assistance.

What form do I need to use to file a claim in order to clear my suspended myFBMC account?

Please note a credit card receipt typically will not work for verification as they usually do not include all five pieces of information. Remember, if you do not clear your account within 60-days from September 16, 2013, the outstanding card purchases will become taxable income to you at the end of the year and you will receive an IRS 1099 form to file with your income tax.

Top of Page