- Adopted the Housing Council 2012-2013 Work Program.
- Appointed new members to the Council: Frances Esposito, Frank Schnidman, Marcia Barry-Smith, Councilmember Caryl Hattan.
- Spring 2012 Housing Council Retreat.
- Board of County Commission accepted the 2010-2011 Broward Housing Council Annual Report.
- Approximately 927 single family units were rehabilitated through the various funding sources (CDBG, SHIP, HOME, NSP, DRI).
- Approximately 10 residents received Barrier Free assistance through the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) program; this assistance removes barriers, improves accessibility for seniors and disabled persons and provides health and safety repairs.
- Approximately 20 households were assisted with water/sewer connections through SHIP funding.
- Approximately 130 low/moderate income households received purchase assistance through the various funding sources (CDBG, SHIP, HOME, NSP) to increase homeownership opportunities.
- Approximately 350 clients received homeless prevention assistance countywide through CDBG.
- Approximately 480 clients were served in emergency and/or transitional shelters.
- Approximately 230 new affordable housing units in Broward County were funded through Florida Housing Finance Corporation; Broward County provided matching funds and/or GAP financing.
- CHDO: approximately 24 new construction rental units and six affordable single family homes were purchased and rehabilitated for low/moderate income persons or households and in the form of transitional living facilities for youths who have aged out of the foster care system in FY12.
- Countywide, approximately 600 residents received Housing Counseling/Homeowner Education services.
- Approximately 190 Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) vouchers were issued to provide rental assistance targeted to homeless veterans.
- Approximately 10,860 Housing Choice Vouchers were issued countywide.
- Approximately 320 Portable Housing Choice Vouchers were issued to Section 8 voucher holders to move them from the jurisdiction of current housing authorities to the jurisdiction of another housing authority operating a Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Issued approximately 135 Mortgage Credit Certificates to eligible homeowners for homeownership.
<Back Table of Contents Next>