Board of County Commission accepted the FY 2012 Broward Housing Council Annual Report.
- Executed contract with Carras Community Investment, Inc. for Evaluation of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Activities of Banks in Broward County.
- Launched Social Media tools, Facebook and Twitter to reach a larger audience regarding affordable housing and homelessness.
- Won two 2013 National Association of County Information Officers (NAICO) awards, one for the Housing Council Website and another for the Housing Council Quarterly Newsletter.
- Approximately 1,360 single family, multifamily and mobile homes units were rehabilitated through various funding sources including, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP), HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), and the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Initiative (CDBG-DRI) Program.
- Approximately 330 low and moderate income households received purchase assistance through the various funding sources (CDBG, SHIP, HOME, NSP) to increase homeownership opportunities.
- Approximately 20 new single family homes were constructed through the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Initiative (CDBG-DRI) Program.
- Approximately 30 households were provided with water and sewer connections through the SHIP and CDBG programs.
- Approximately 40 clients received homeless prevention assistance countywide through CDBG.
- Approximately 316 new affordable housing units in Broward County were funded through Florida Housing Finance Corporation; Broward County provided matching funds and/or GAP financing.
- Approximately 10 foreclosed multi-family properties and 5 single family homes for acquisition and rehabilitation and in the form of transitional living facilities for youths who have aged out of the foster care system were developed through the Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO).
- Approximately 730 residents received Housing Counseling/Homeowner Education services Countywide.
- Approximately 300 Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) vouchers were issued to provide rental assistance to homeless veterans.
- Approximately 11,200 Housing Choice Vouchers were issued countywide.
- Approximately 510 Portable Housing Choice Vouchers were issued to Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) holders to move them from the jurisdiction of current housing authorities to the jurisdiction of another housing authority operating a HCV program.
- Approximately 122 Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCC) were issued to eligible homeowners for homeownership.