First-Time Home Buyers Counseling and Education
The First Time Homebuyers Workshops educate prospective homebuyers and provide an opportunity to receive a HUD Certificate of Completion on the following topics:
- Explanation of the role of the home buyer, seller and various professionals involved in the transaction.
- Assessment of the potential homebuyer’s purchase readiness.
- Instruction of steps involved in home purchase.
- Explanation of credit, mortgage financing, tax relief programs, predatory lending and fair housing issues.
- One-on-one counseling sessions to address potential homebuyer’s needs.
Approximately 730 residents attended workshops and/or counseling designed to help prospective homebuyers understand the home purchase process and allow them to determine their readiness to purchase a home in Broward County.
<Back Table of Contents Next>