Other Resources & Services
The links below provide a variety of affordable housing resources including education, training, services, housing availability, and community involvement.
- Affordable Housing Institute A global non-profit consultancy that helps pro-poor housing finance and development entities expand their business activity to improve their customers’ lives and change their country’s housing ecosystem.
- Broward Alliance of Neighborhood Development (BAND) is a non-profit consortium of Broward and Miami-Dade housing groups. The Florida Housing Coalition and BAND develop programs and services for mortgage, rental assistance, revitalizing the neighborhood and education. View the 2011 Annual Meeting Video highlighting the positive impact of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) on residents and business owners.
- Broward County Minority Builders Coalition, Inc. provide repairs and weather proofing of homes for very low, low to moderate income residence.
- Broward Housing Solutions (BHS) provide quality, permanent and affordable housing opportunities to meet the needs of lower income or homeless persons with disabilities who also have a mental illness.
- Fort Lauderdale Independence Training & Education Center (FLITE) a "one-stop shop" where foster youth transitioning from foster care into independence can access a variety of community resources including housing, education, employment, mentors, and life coaches.
- Habitat for Humanity is committed to building the quality of life, health and prosperity of the region through the production and preservation of homeownership for low-income families.
- H.O.M.E.S., Inc. provides quality community & economic development, benefitting disadvantaged and at-risk residents and neighborhoods in Broward County. They support transitional apartment housing for foster kids who have aged out of the system, affordable housing for low-income families, rentals for low-income residents, neighborhood revitalization and create jobs.
- Liberia Economic & Social Development, Inc. is community-based organization that offers services to low-income families such as: Career Counseling, Employment Training, Job Retention, Affordable Housing, Food and Childcare. The agency is engaged in improving the overall well-being of low-income residents in Dania, Liberia and Washington Park, which are subdivisions of South Florida's City of Hollywood.
- Mount Olive Development Corporation of Fort Lauderdale is a faith-based Community Development Corporation who revives communities, stimulates economic development, generates jobs, supports families and offers programs for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
National Housing Preservation Database was created by the Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation (PAHRC) and the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) in an effort to provide communities with the information they need to effectively preserve their stock of public and affordable housing. The National Housing Preservation Database incorporates all available data on federally subsidized housing properties and includes nine separate funding streams.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) is a non-profit "one-stop-shop" community-based program revitalizing neighborhoods and creating affordable housing opportunities in South Florida by offering quality homebuyer education, counseling, lending and community building programs.
- OneCDP Resource Exchange provides a one-stop shop for resources, updates, and information related to all CPD programs.
- United Financial Counselors is a non-profit organization whose goal is to provide all people with the necessary financial education and tools.
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) facilitates the open exchange of ideas and information among local, nation, and international real estate industry leaders and policy makers to creating better places.
- Urban League of Broward County is devoted to empowering individuals and families to become economically independent, and socially responsible.
Back to Top