Local Resources & Services
- Broward Alliance of Neighborhood Development (BAND) develops programs and services for mortgage, rental assistance, revitalizing the neighborhood and education.
- Broward Housing Solutions (BHS) provides quality, permanent and affordable housing opportunities to meet the needs of lower income or homeless persons with disabilities who also have a mental illness.
- Florida Alliance of Community Development Corporations (FLACDC) offers certification training for CDC's, CHDO's, CAA's and more.
- Fort Lauderdale Independence Training & Education Center (FLITE) assists foster youth transitioning from foster care into independence can access a variety of community resources including housing, education, employment, mentors, and life coaches.
- Habitat for Humanity of Broward County is committed to building the quality of life, health and prosperity of the region through the production and preservation of homeownership for low-income families.
- H.O.M.E.S., Inc. provides quality community & economic development, benefitting disadvantaged and at-risk residents and neighborhoods in Broward County. They support transitional apartment housing for foster kids who have aged out of the system, affordable housing for low-income families, rentals for low-income residents, neighborhood revitalization and create jobs.
- Liberia Economic & Social Development, Inc. is community-based organization that offers services to low-income families such as: Career Counseling, Employment Training, Job Retention, Affordable Housing, Food and Childcare. The agency is engaged in improving the overall well-being of low-income residents in Dania, Liberia and Washington Park, which are subdivisions of South Florida's City of Hollywood.
- Mount Olive Development Corporation of Fort Lauderdale is a faith-based Community Development Corporation who revives communities, stimulates economic development, generates jobs, supports families and offers programs for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) revitalizes neighborhoods and creates affordable housing opportunities in South Florida by offering quality homebuyer education, counseling, lending and community building programs.
- Urban Land Institute (ULII) of Southeast Florida/Caribbean facilitates the open exchange of ideas and information among local, nation, and international real estate industry leaders and policy makers to creating better places.
- Urban League of Broward County is devoted to empowering individuals and families to become economically independent, and socially responsible.
Back to Top