Subscribe to Quarterly Newsletter
The following links provide local and national housing related data.
- America's Rental Housing: Evolving Markets and Needs
The Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies publishes this report every other year.
- Fact Sheet: Environmental Benefits of Affordable Housing Preservation (PDF)
A fact sheet outlining the data of the environmental benefits of the renovation of existing affordable housing.
- Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse (FHDC)
Provides public access to data about housing needs and supply, subsidized rental housing and household demographics in Florida communities.
- Housing Affordability Data System (HADS)
HADS is a set of housing-unit level datasets that measure the affordability of housing units and the housing cost burdens of households, relative to area median incomes, poverty level incomes, and fair market rents.
- Housing Opportunity Index (HOI)
Data from metro levels, to regional listings, to national reports. Learn how the interest rate affects housing affordability. Search the resources which are compiled by title, detail, or date.
- Housing Price Index
The Federal Housing Finance Agency publishes quarterly broad measures of the movement of single-family house prices whose mortgages have been purchased or securitized by Fannie Mae of Freddie Mac.
- Housing Vacancies and Homeownership Rates
Browse the most recent data on the housing vacancies and homeownership data of the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lifecycle Underwriting
Analyzes the costs of affordable multifamily rental housing.
- Most Affordable States to Rent (Interactive Map)
Hover over each state to see its housing wage, median income and fair market rents.
- National Housing Preservation Database
Created by the Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation (PAHRC) and the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) in an effort to provide communities with the information they need to effectively preserve their stock of public and affordable housing.
- National and State Housing Data Fact Sheets
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities publishes fact sheets that include state-specific data on the families that Housing Choice Vouchers help, the cuts in voucher assistance and the incidence of homelessness and other severe affordable housing needs in each state.
- Preserving Assisted Rental Housing: The National Data Infrastructure
Learn more about the national preservation data infrastructure project and click a state on the map to find out more information. This project was a joint effort from Shimberg Center for Housing Studies and Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
- Seven50's South Florida Data Warehouse Online mapping and analysis tool; offers the first parcel-level land-use database using a unified scheme for all seven counties and 120 cities.
- State of the Nation's Housing
Joint Center for Housing Studies' annual report which asses the housing and foreclosure markets, housing demand, mortgage finance and affordable housing.
- U.S. Census Bureau -American Housing Survey
National and metropolitan area data on apartments, single-family homes, mobile homes, vacant residential units, household characteristics, income, housing and neighborhood quality, housing costs, and size of housing units.
- U.S. Census Bureau –Housing Characteristics
A comprehensive report on data from the 2010 census that highlights housing characteristics from 2000 and 2010 in the nation, regions, states, metropolitan areas, counties and ten most populous cities.
- U.S. Census Bureau -Housing Topics
Data organized by topics such as financial, physical and vacancies.
- U.S. Census -Rental Housing Finance Survey
A biennial survey designed to collect data on the financial, mortgage, and property characteristics of multifamily rental housing properties in the United States.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R)
Current information on housing needs, market conditions, and existing programs as well as research data housing and community development issues.
- U.S. Housing Market Conditions
Quarterly journal published by HUD. Includes current and historical national data and trends as well as an overview of trends in 10 regional areas.
- Workforce Housing
Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse provides the data regarding workforce housing in Florida community including the comparison of wages to rents and home-ownership costs.
Back to top
Required Plug-in: Adobe® Reader®