Complete all paperwork and submit with the required fees for approval. You must provide the following:
- Proof of adequate workers' compensation insurance as required by law
- A copy of your certificate of liability insurance
- Proof of basic training in proper pruning practices as described below:
- To renew online, please click here.
Class A License:
- Copy of your current certification card from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or American Society of Consulting Arborists
- A notarized affidavit as described under the Class A Tree Trimmer License section.
Class B License:
- Certificate of successful completion of the 4-hour training program provided by UF/IFAS Broward County Extension Education (requires a passing grade of at least 70% correct).
- One trained person per job site is required.
County Training Program
Training is provided by UF/IFAS Broward County Extension Education. Basic and advanced classes are approximately 4 hours long and conducted in English and Spanish at various sites around the county. All classes are followed by a multiple choice exam. Classes will teach proper pruning practices according to American National Standards Institute A300 and Z133 guidelines.
For a complete schedule of class meeting dates and locations or to register for a class, contact UF/IFAS Broward County Extension at 954
-6381 or visit us at our website by clicking here
. Registration and payment of the training fee is required at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled class date!
Please share your feedback.