Holocaust Exhibit Opens at Main Library October 30
Updated: October 21, 2014
The ribbon cutting opening ceremony for “The Courage to Remember,” a historical exhibit of the Holocaust, will be held on Thursday, October 30, at 11 a.m. on the 6th floor of the Main Library, 100 S. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale. “The Courage to Remember,” a historical exhibit of the Holocaust (1933-1945), is being presented by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, SNCF -Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français (SNCF) - The French National Railway Corporation and the Foundation For California; co-sponsored by Broward County Libraries and the Office of Broward County Commissioner Dale V.C. Holness. The exhibit which runs through December 29, 2014, features more than 200 exclusive photographs that cannot be seen anywhere else in the world, offering amazing insight into the Holocaust through four distinct themes: Nazi Germany, 1933-1938; Moving Toward the “Final Solution,” 1939-1941; Annihilation in Nazi-occupied Europe, 1941-1945; and Liberation, Building New Lives. For more information contact email@example.com
Bring the Pooch to the Howl'oween Parade at Easterlin Park
Updated: October 15, 2014
Easterlin Park, 1000 N.W. 38th Street in Oakland Park will observe Halloween a few days early with a dog-oriented Halloween event. All adults 18 and up with their dogs are invited to the Howl'oween Parade, from 10AM to 1PM on Saturday, October 25. The parade stars at 10:30, followed by a costume contest at 11:15. More...
HIV Health Services Planning Council to Hold 2 Community Events
Updated: October 10, 2014
- The Health Services Planning Council (HIVPC) will be hosting "Transgender 101" at Artserve, 1350 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale on Thursday, October 23, at 6PM. This event will focus on the issues faced by the Transgender community, such as the impact of HIV/AIDS and discrimination. The event will showcase relevant services available in Broward County, while celebrating the Transgender community. Refreshments and free giveaways will be provided. For more information, contact Britney Johnson at 954-561-9681, Ext. 1345.
- On November 6, at 11:30AM, the HIVPC will be hosting a "Welcome Brunch" at the Broward Governmental Center, 115 S. Andrews Ave., Room A-337, Fort Lauderdale. This event will focus on the recruitment of new HIVPC members. Attendees will receive valuable information about HIVPC functions, HIV/AIDS health and support services and member testimonials. Brunch will be served. For more information contact Adam Bente at 954-561-9681, Ext. 1250.
Anne Kolb Nature Center to Host 3 Monthly Lectures
Updated: October 8, 2014
Don't miss the Family Fun Nature Series
, three monthly lectures starting on October 19, continuing on November 16th, and concluding on December 21st. Anne Kolb Nature Center, Mangrove Hall is located at 751 Sheridan Street, Hollywood. The programs run from 3 to 4:30PM and cover topics that include Family Astronomy
, Be a Good Angler!
and Art and Nature
. A $2 per person lecture donation is requested. For more information call the park at 954-357-5161, ext. 0 More...
Special Events for Arts & Humanities Lovers
Updated: October 8, 2014
During the month of October, Broward County Libraries is participating in National Arts and Humanities Month by offering many arts and humanities events. Residents can enjoy programs that include music appreciation, an art class and a performance/writing workshop, all free and open to the public. More...
Fall Festivals for Families
Updated: October 8, 2014
In the mood for arts and crafts, hayrides, food trucks, train rides, farm tours, pony rides and more? Visit Tradewinds Park, 3600 W. Sample Rd. in Coconut Creek from 10AM - 4PM on Saturday, October 25th. The park will host a variety of games and activities to celebrate its third annual Fall Festival. Tickets ranging from $1 per individual ticket to 25 tickets for $20 will let you pick and choose which special activities you want to participate in. More...
Shutterbug Photo Hunts Resume at Fern Forest Nature Center
Updated: October 9, 2014
Photographers of all levels of skill and experience are invited to Fern Forest Nature Center for Family/Team Shutterbug Photo Hunts. The programs run from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. on the third Sunday of the month through the end of the year. Participants will get a quick guide to basic photography as well as learn about the nature center’s varied flora and fauna as they explore its trails in search of subject matter.
Animal Care and Adoption Announces 2014 Rabies Clinic Calendar
Updated: October 20, 2014
Broward County Animal Care and Adoption reminds all pet owners that rabies vaccinations and pet registration tags are required by law. In 2014, residents can bring their pets to
one of a number of Rabies Clinics
in a variety of locations throughout the County. When a target goal of 100,000 pet registration tags is reached, 100 percent of the pet registration funds will go directly to support low-to-no cost sterilization programs.
The 2014 Rabies Clinics are held on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and include:
- November 1 - West Park, Mary Saunders Park, 4750 S.W. 21 Street
- December 6 - Pompano Beach, Pompano Beach Dog Park, 1101 N.E. 10 Street
- December 13 - Fort Lauderdale, Snyder Park, 3299 S.W. Fourth Avenue