Broward County’s Volunteer Internship Program (VIP) is dedicated to providing students with an unsurpassed learning experience. Our goal is to offer selected VIP candidates the opportunity to gain insight into the new, dynamic and changing world of public sector employment and prepare them for exciting opportunities with Broward County. The program's goal is to encourage students to pursue careers within County government, while providing a meaningful learning opportunity. Interns will also have the opportunity to be mentored by senior staff, contribute to the agency's goals, and make a difference.
- Temporary, unpaid placement in a Broward County agency that provides interns with practical and professional work experience.
- Opportunity to work in the Office of the County Administrator, Finance and Administrative Services, Port Everglades, Aviation, Human Resources, Technology Services, Libraries, Environmental Protection, Human Services, Transit and much more!
- Students learn the business of a designated agency through their assistance with daily operational tasks and assignments/projects.
- Intern will be able to integrate theory with practice in a government environment.
- Ideal for experienced students seeking work experience in their program/major.
- Interns have the potential to receive academic credit based upon the school's internship requirements.
- Minimum duration of assignment is equivalent to one semester or 3- 4 months (spring/winter, summer or fall). Interns will work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Interns must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year regionally-accredited college or university, or a Council on Occupational Education (COE)-accredited vocational/technical school and remain an active student throughout the internship period.
- Interns must possess an overall grade point average of 2.5 or above.
For additional information or questions, contact Staffing Services at VIP@broward.org or 954-357-6020.
BROWARD COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER OF SERVICES