The goal of code compliance is to promote and protect the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of Broward County through the enforcement of the Broward County Zoning Code and the Broward County Code of Ordinances.
To report a possible Code Violation:
- Call: (954) 765-4400, option “8”
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit: Community Code Compliance Section on the 1st floor of the Broward County Government Center West, 1 N. University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324
If you receive a notice of violation, carefully read the notice to find out what the violation is, correct the problem, and do so promptly. If you are not sure what the violation(s) are for or would like to speak with the issuing officer please contact them using the information provided on the notice. You can ask for additional time provided you are making progress on the violations. Some of the problems may be serious and correction should not be delayed.
Property Ground Maintenance
- Keep the exterior portion of your property clear of storage of prohibited items except usable lawn, garden, pool or patio furniture or equipment, barbecues, toys, bicycles, or trash cans being used by the residents of the property.
- Only store building and construction materials on property if a proper building permit has been obtained.
- Maintain driveway and off-street parking areas free from discoloration and disrepair, resurfacing asphalt when needed.
- Outdoor storage of junk, wrecked vehicles are prohibited.
- An inoperable motor vehicle must be stored in a carport or garage.
- Vehicle may not be parked on unpaved surfaces in front, side and rear yard areas.
- Only operable vehicles with current registration are allowed to be temporarily parked in the swale areas if vehicles can be parked safely and fully on the swale. Some swales may not be wide enough to meet the parking requirement.
|| Yard Sale Activities
- Limit of 2 per calendar year.
- No more than 3 consecutive days.
- Must not contain commercial items or products from outside of residence.
- Signs may not exceed 2 square feet in size and may not be displayed more than 1 day prior to sale and must be removed at the end of the yard sale.