Around-the-Clock Code Violation Reporting
Common Code Violations
- Junk vehicle storage.
- Overgrown vegetation.
- Performing major auto repair in residential areas.
- Prohibited commercial vehicle parking in residential areas.
- Storage of junk, trash, & debris.
- Parking or vehicle storage on unpaved surfaces.
- Operating a home office without a Certificate of Use.
- Outdoor storage of prohibited items.
- Use of single-family residence as a rooming house or multi-family dwelling.
- Residential swimming pool not completely enclosed by a fence or screen.
Report violations of the Broward County Code of Ordinances relating to the use and maintenance of property by leaving a message at 954-357-9700. This line is dedicated to violations located in Unincorporated Broward County.
Click here to access a map (PDF) of the Unincorporated neighborhoods. Messages will be checked several times daily during regular business hours Monday through Friday, between 8:00am and 4:30pm.
Call 911 to report immediate threats and emergencies related to public health and safety.
Please be prepared to leave a message with the following information:
- Name, address, and telephone number (optional).
- Description of the violation.
- Property address where the violation occurred or a location description that will enable staff to locate the property.
- Whereabouts of the violation on the property. For example, is the violation occurring in the front, rear, side, driveway, carport, swale, or other location?
Anonymous complaints are accepted. However, it is preferred that you leave your name, address, and telephone number so that staff may contact you if:
- Additional information is needed to understand the nature of the violation.
- Staff needs to refer you to a separate agency because your complaint is outside the authority of the Broward County Code and Zoning staff.
Please be advised that the State of Florida has a broad public records law and all information received is considered public information. If requested, all information may be subject to public disclosure.
Click here for more Code Compliance information
Required Plug-in: Adobe® Reader®