Promoting Quality Child Care Through the Department of Children and Families Services (DCF) Gold Seal Quality Care Program
Benefits of Becoming a DCF Gold Seal Accredited Program in Broward County:
- A valuable marketing tool for parents
- Sales Tax Exemption for qualified Child
- Care Providers
- Property Tax Exemptions
- An increase reimbursement rate for
- Children participating in School Readiness Programs
- Satisfies the Program eligibility requirements for participation in the VPK Program
- 10 percent Savings for Licensed / Registration Fees for qualified Providers in Broward County
Road Map to Become a DCF Gold Sealed Quality Child Care Provider:
- Step One: Become a Licensed or Registered Child Care Program.
- Step Two: Select an approved Accrediting Agency that best meets the needs of your program from the authorized list located on myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/goldseal
- Step Three: Review the agency’s requirements and follow their procedures for accreditation.
- Step Four: Once the Provider has achieved accreditation from the approved accrediting agency, submit the DCF Gold Seal Quality Care Application ccrain.fl-dcf.org/documents/-99/2362.pdf and supporting documentation.
- Step Five: Upon approval, the DCF will award a Gold Seal Certificate directly to the Child Care Provider recognizing their achievement. Gold Seal Providers are updated continuously in the DCF CARES Public Database allowing parents to search for Gold Seal Providers. cares.myflfamilies.com/PublicSearch
Broward County Child Care Licensing Enforcement (CCLE) Services Provided:
- Free Monthly Orientations on How to Open a Child Care Program
- License and Inspect Child Care Providers to improve the quality of childcare in Broward County.
- Provide Technical Assistance as Needed
- Website to access Broward County ordinances, provider inspection reports and required documentations and forms.
- Child Care Provider Search
Gold Seal Child Care Provider Search in Broward County (Allows parents to search for a Gold Seal Provider)
- Website: https://cares.myflfamilies.com/PublicSearch
- Enter the search criteria
- Select provider type and any desired service options, special programs or accreditations
- Click the SEARCH button
- Access Inspection Reports
Valauble Resources for Child Care Providers
Broward County Call Center - 311
Web Site: broward.org/callcenter
- Provides a single point of contact for services and programs in Broward County.
- A multilingual Call Center, one-stop source for information.
Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development
- Entrepreneurial Training and Development.
- Provides (2) two annual conferences to strengthen business practices.
- Provides weekly trainings to provided small businesses economic development support systems.
Department of Children and Family Services - Office of Child Care Regulations (DCF)
Department of Health - Broward County
Phone: 954 467-4700
- Child Care Food Program
- Food Safety and Sanitation Inspections for Public and Private Schools
- Drinking Water Regulatory Activities
- Swimming Pools Inspections
- Environmental Health – Report incidents of contagious disease outbreaks
- Drowning Prevention Training
Office of Early Learning
- School Readiness Information
- Child Care Resource and Referral Service
- Administers VPK program at the State Level
Early Learning Coalition of Broward County, Inc.
Phone: 954 377-2188
- Administer and oversee School Readiness and Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK)Programs
- Child Care and Resource Referral Service for Parents
- Developmental Screening Technical Assistance
- Professional development Initiatives
Business Leadership Institute for Early Learning
Phone: 305 348-5368
- Training on How to Become a Successful Social Entrepreneur in the Child Care Industry
- Financial Forecasting for Child Care Providers
- Developing an Effective Business Model
- Networking and Mentoring Program for Child Care Providers
Children Service Council of Broward County
Phone: 954 377-1000
Web Site: cscbroward.org
- Funding Resources Opportunities
- Educational Resources
- Parent Resources
Healthy Mothers and Healthy Babies Coalition
of Broward County
Phone: 954 765-0550
- Provide Safe Sleep Practices Training for Child Care Providers
- Resources Available for Qualified Parents
Florida Diagnostic and Learning
Resources System (FDLRS)
Phone: 754 321-3466
Web Site: bcps-esls.com/html/FDLRS.php
- Provides diagnostic, instructional, and technology support services to district exceptional education programs and families of students with disabilities.