Applying for or Renewing a Child Care Food Service Permit
You must provide the following:
- Complete an application
- Pay a license fee (see application)
- Proof of your current Child Care license from Broward County Child Care Licensing and Enforcement Section
- A full service provider is defined as one that washes, slices, peels, chips, shucks, scoops or portions food to be served. It also includes any activities that involve temperature changes, combining ingredients, opening ready-to-eat, catered platters or any other activity causing physical or chemical changes in the food. A full service provider will be subject to a service inspection twice annually.
- A limited service provider is defined as one that is limited by the type and quantity of foods prepared and the equipment used. This term includes facilities that dispense individually wrapped, catered meals. A limited service provider will be subject to a service inspection once annually.
- We accept cash, credit card, check or money order. Make checks/money orders payable to Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
- Certificates expire annually in February.
Once we receive these documents we will schedule an unannounced inspection.
For more information, please call 954-765-4400 ext. 9696.