For Significant Environmental Impact Facilities
Effective April 23, 2013, if you are applying for a license to construct, operate or make a major modification to a Significant Environmental Impact Facility, you may be required to provide public notices.
Significant Environmental Impact Facilities:
- Parking facility with more than 750 parking spaces
- Electrical power plants
- Major source of air pollution
- Wastewater treatment plant or non-domestic wastewater discharge
- Solid waste management facility
- Storage Tank Facility installing a tank greater than 30,000 gallons
- Hazardous material transfer facility
- Hazardous material wellfield facility located in a zone 1 wellfield protection area
- Hazardous waste large quantity generator
When Are The Notices Required?
- Within nine (9) days after the filing of an application for license,
- Within nine (9) days after receipt of a license or intent to issue a license, and
- Cannot be within five or less days from a holiday.
Who needs to be notified?
Review the Code (Chapter 27-170 - Public Notice of Licensing Significant Environmental Impact Facilities and if zoning is involved, Chapter 39 - Zoning, especially Sections 39.27 and 39.38) for details on the County's notification requirements.
What does the notice need to say?
Notice Template (pdf - 81Kb)
How do I inform Broward County that I have Completed the Notifications?
Complete this Affidavit and submit the notifications to your Broward County licensing contact.