May Focus is on Health, Fitness and Travel
For those who are unable to travel, pull out your sneakers and gym clothes! May is also Health and Fitness Month. When we feel flustered or stressed, we often go to our food cravings, like cookies or ice cream. Instead, we should focus on physical activities. Don’t bother waiting for the elevator to come, take the stairs. Incorporate walks into your daily rhythm. This month, we have some exciting, no-sweat events scheduled throughout the County! We have yoga sessions and sit-to-be-fit-classes. Visit the Wellness web page for more information.
Presentations on Transitioning into MedicareAlbert “Bert” Valery of Valery Insurance Agency, Inc. will host "Transitioning into Medicare" Presentations, May 12-16. This is great opportunity if you are Medicare-eligible or nearing Medicare age. If you are confused with all of the options available, attend Bert’s educational presentations to learn more. Covered topics will include how each segment of Medicare (A, B, C and D) works and their costs as well as Medigap choices. The presentations will take place at the following locations:
- Monday, May 12, 9 a.m., Elderly & Veterans Services, Large Conference Room
- Tuesday, May 13, 9 a.m., Government Center West, Hearing Rooms
- Tuesday, May 13, 1 p.m., Governmental Center, Room 302
- Wednesday, May 14, 9 a.m., Aviation (Cabot Building), First Floor Conference Room
- Wednesday, May 14, 1 p.m., Aviation (Operations), Terminal 2 Ops Conference Room
- Thursday, May 15, 1 p.m., Port Everglades, Room 301
- Friday, May 16, 9 a.m., Water and Wastewater Services, Building 2 Training Room
For more information, contact Employee Benefit Services at 954-357-6700.
Wellness Tip: Keeping Stress under Control
Spending just a few minutes each day in a tension/stress relieving activity pays off with a stronger immune system, an improved outlook and more energy. Doing a quick stretch or a walk can drain away the stress.