SkillPort Now Offers On-Demand Instructional Videos
Are you one of those people who received a new smart phone or tablet during
the holidays and still haven’t figured out how it works? Learning and
Organizational Development, along with Skillsoft, can help you fill your
skill gaps and make you look like a seasoned pro in less than five minutes.
The Skillport learning site now offers a series of on-demand, short videos that can not only help you learn how to use these mobile devices; they can also help you become more productive at work using Microsoft products.
Learn how to manage multiple browser windows on your Android phone, configure email on your iPhone or sync your calendar with your email on your iPad in just two or three minutes. The site also includes instructional videos for Microsoft 2010 versions of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access; social networking such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn; and using the new Microsoft Windows 8 platform.
Here’s how to get started:
- Find the
link of the BC-Net homepage under “Learning
- Log on to Broward County’s SkillPort Site using your employee
number and password. If you are new to SkillPort, you will need to
establish an account.
- Click on Books24x7 located in the upper right corner of the
- Look for “Desktop Video Topics” in the Browse Topics Window
- Click on the arrow to reveal the topic menu
- Select the topic and the video library will appear
- After you have made your selection, you will have two play options: Video or MP4 Video Download
- Your video will begin playing
- For easy access, add your videos to My Plan.
Desktop/Mobile/Tablet videos available to watch instantly:
- MS Word 2010: Building Blocks and charts
- MS Excel 2010: Lookups, Functions and more
- MS Outlook 2010: Contact Groups, Rules and more
- MS PowerPoint 2010: Graphics, tables, video/audio and more
- MS Access 2010: Charts, Pivot Tables and more
- Mobile Application Development: iOS and Android Application Development
More videos are planned for 2013, so stay tuned as we continue to release more videos into each of these major topic areas.
For more information on SkillPort or Books 24X7, contact Learning and
Organizational Development at Empdevtrain@broward.org.