Date: Monday, February 11, 2013 to
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Time: 8:30am every morning
5:00pm 1st day and 12 Noon 2nd day
Location: Broward County EOC
201 NW 84th Avenue, Room 332B
Plantation, FL. 33324
This course describes the requirements for developing a continuity program as prescribed in Federal Continuity Directive (FCD) 1, Federal Executive Branch National Continuity Program and Requirements. The course covers program requirements and elements and support requirements and describes the roles and responsibilities of the Continuity Program Manager and other key players in developing a viable continuity program.
Although this course directly addresses continuity requirements for Federal Executive branch organizations, the course also useful to State, local, territorial, and tribal governments.
This course is designed to provide continuity of operations training for Program Managers. The course identifies the processes, resources, and tasks necessary to implement and manage a successful continuity of operations program.
· Identify the legal basis for continuity planning.
· Explain the roles and responsibilities of the Continuity Program Manager.
· Define continuity of operations,
· Explain the benefits of developing a viable continuity program,
· Identify the processes, resources, and tasks necessary to implement and manage a successful continuity program,
· Identify the elements of a viable continuity program which includes but is not limited to:
o Essential Functions;
o Order of Succession;
o Delegation of Authority, and
o Continuity Facilities;
o Continuity Communications;
o Vital Resource Management;
o Multi-year Strategy and Program Management Plan;
o Test, Training, and exercise program
There are no pre-requisites for registration and attending the course. However, in order to receive a FEMA certificate of completion and CEUs, the following courses must be completed:
· IS-546.12, Continuity of Operations (COOP) Awareness Course (http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is546.12.asp)
· IS-547.a, Introduction to Continuity of Operations (COOP), (http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is547a.asp)
These courses can be found in a web based environment at http://training.fema.gov.
The primary audience for this course is personnel who may serve as Continuity Program Managers in their organizations.
To register for this class go to FDEM’s SERT TRAC Training Calendar’s website and sign up at: http://trac.floridadisaster.org/trac/loginform.aspx . Please contact Richard Allen should you need assistance with registration.
Point of Contact:
Broward County Training Coordinator
Broward County Emergency Management Division