Broward County’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a system-wide initiative administered by the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) Division, through the ERP Project Office. ERP will replace the individual systems of departments, such as finance, budget, purchasing, project and grants management, payroll and human resource management, and integrate the functions into a single system. Many government and private sector organizations have turned to an ERP to manage information and resources more effectively.
In May 2014, the Board of County Commissioners approved the ERP project in an effort to make County government more efficient. ERP will increase transparency and efficiency of operations, and drive redesigning of countywide business.
County Launches New PeopleSoft Purchasing and Financial Management System
Broward County’s new Purchasing and Financial Management system automates and streamlines the way we process invoices and payments and enhances the supplier and customer experience. The new system replaces Advantage and includes modules for Purchasing, eSupplier, eProcurement, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Commitment (Budgetary) Control, Billing/eBill Payment, Customer Contracts, Grants Management, Accounts Receivable, Project Costing, and Travel and Expenses.
Important Notice to Suppliers
The new Purchasing and Financial Management system means faster, more efficient payments to suppliers. All suppliers should be aware of the following:
- Invoices for goods and services should be mailed to Broward County Commission, P.O. Box 14470, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302-4741, Attn: Accounts Payable, or email them to AccountsPayable@Broward.org.
- Suppliers for any County construction project must also send a copy of their invoices, with any supporting documents, to the agency responsible for the project. If you conduct business with any other County agency that requests you send a copy of your invoice(s) to them, you should do so; however, you must always mail original invoice(s) to Accounts Payable.
- To ensure your invoices meet Broward County’s prompt pay guidelines keep this information handy.
- Always let us know if the name, address, email address, telephone or fax number of your company or your company’s Accounting contact changes. Email updates to AccountsPayable@Broward.org.
Online Recruitment System (ORS)
On January 5, 2015, Broward County launched a new online recruitment system (ORS) powered by NeoGov, a market and technology leader in on-demand human resources software for the public sector. This system is the first module to be launched as part of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project. ORS is used by current employees and external applicants to post resumes and apply for County Jobs. Visit Broward.org/Careers to access the system.
ERP Project Timeline
The ERP project was launched in August 2014, and will span four years, in three rollout phases. These dates are subject to change*.
Launched April 2016 - Covering PeopleSoft Modules:
- General Ledger
- Commitment Control
- Accounts Receivables
- eBill Payment
- Accounts Payables
- Project Costing
- Customer Contracts
- eSupplier Connection
- Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics (OBIA) for Reporting and Analytics for Financials and Procurement
July 2016 - October 2017* - Covering PeopleSoft Modules:
- Asset Management
- Cash Management
- Human Capital Management
- Supply Chain Management
January 2018 - October 18* - Covering PeopleSoft Modules:
- Enterprise Learning Management
- Employee Self-Service
- Performance Management
- iNovah (Phase 2)
(* Dates Subject to Change)
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader® Microsoft PowerPoint Reader®