Project team members have been hard at work on the County’s new online ePay statement, which will replace the traditional blue paper paystubs beginning in August. The ePay statement allows you to view your confidential earnings statement online – anytime, anywhere – through a secure website.
The ePay statement is just one part of a large new system, easyPay, that will modernize Broward County’s payroll and timekeeping systems, ensuring a more accurate, consistent and timely delivery of employee pay. Many employees have been working on the project team to implement the new system, purchased from one of the most respected vendors in the industry – Kronos. Broward County elected to participate in five of the Kronos system modules, or features: Timekeeper, Leave, Attendance, Activities and Device Manager.
easyPay: The Basics
- Prepopulated work schedules for all employees except seasonal, student and PT19 will be housed in easyPay’s Timekeeper. Salaried employees will report time on an exception basis only (e.g. leave). Hourly employees will clock in and clock out daily, typically at one of a number of conveniently located time clocks. The time clocks use a combination of employee number and Touch ID technology to verify identity. Time exceptions are edited by the supervisor. The Timekeeper also allows employees to request annual and sick leave online, and supervisors to approve it. Benefits: accurate and consistent reporting of time, more automation and no more paper time sheets or leave slips!
- The Leave feature automates and streamlines the process for requesting FMLA leave. Benefits: easier to request, approve and track FMLA leave, ensures consistent implementation of FMLA leave policies, and eliminates some paperwork!
- The Device Manager transmits information between the time clock and the other components of the Kronos system. In the end, the system enables employees to perform different activities on a variety of devices, including time clocks, information kiosks and work computers. Some activities will also be available from home computers and public use computers. Benefits: more convenience! Information is available anytime, anywhere, when you need it. (Stay tuned for more to come on the specific ways you’ll be able to access your information!)
Other features provide further automation and give managers and supervisors more information to make informed decisions about business operations.
- The Activities feature gives agencies the capability to track employee time spent on grants, so managers can more accurately determine time (and therefore cost) of providing different programs and services. Broward County Transit will use this module to automate the Trip Sheet used by bus operators. All agencies will use this module to track employee hours paid for by grants.
- The Attendance feature provides reports and automated notices to supervisors to help them consistently apply attendance policies and better manage agency operations. It automates tracking of scheduled and unscheduled leave, including sick leave monitoring, and monitors timely reporting for work.
Be on the lookout for more information on the new ePay statement, coming in August. That will soon be followed by the enterprise wide launch of easyPay, scheduled for early 2014. All employees will receive more detailed training and instruction on the new system closer to launch.
For more information, talk to your Payroll Liaison, visit broward.org/easyPay or email your questions to easyPay@broward.org.