Note: Change of Location - South Regional Broward County Library
Where: South Regional Broward County Library, 7300 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
When: TOMORROW, Thursday, July 19, 2018 from 4 to 5:30 PM
ALL TRADES ARE WELCOME!
Architecture & Engineering | Construction | Contract & Service Providers | Suppliers | Cultural & Event Related Products
Attend this FREE Information Session to take advantage of new opportunities to do business with Broward County government. Discussion topics to include:
- How to tap into Broward County Government’s annual spend - averaging over $600M
- Updates on NEW total gross receipts cap for Construction Industry increased to $9M
- Benefits of Personal Net Worth cap increased to $1.32M
If you are unable to register online, on-site registration is available.
Additional date/location options include:
- Margate Branch Library on Saturday, August 11, 2018 from 11 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Urban League of Broward County on Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 3 to 4:30 PM.
For more information and to register.
OESBD Success Story
Port Everglades Welcomes the Avocado Express
On November 17th, the first shipment of Colombian Hass avocados arrived into the United States at Broward County's Port Everglades. The shipment marked the culmination of years of work by Colombia to gain access to the lucrative U.S. market. OESBD invited many growers of avocados from Colombia to FITCE in 2017; the national federation of all growers from Colombia attended the 2018 Broward and Beyond Business Conference and participated in a series of strategic meetings with Port Everglades. OESBD's Economic Development/International Trade team played an integral role in bringing Colombia's avocados to our port. Broward County just received a National Association of Counties (NaCO) award for this achievement.
Do you have a story about how Broward County's OESBD programs and services positively impacted your business? We'd love to hear it!
NEW! Targeted Recruitment for Certification: Uniforms & Accessories
Broward County is seeking vendors to supply uniforms and accessories for the Transit Division. Products include shirts, slacks, shorts, skirts, sweaters, caps, rainwear, jackets, leather driving gloves, shoes and more. If your firm can provide any of these items, we want you to get certified today! You can access eligibility requirements
and the certification application
online and view our Completing Your Local Certification Application Webinar
on YouTube 24/7. TIP: Get CERTIFIED to Get in the Game!
Broward Municipal Services District (BMSD) Resource Workshop
Where: African-American Research Library, 2650 Sistrunk Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311 | When: Friday, July 27, 2018 from 10 AM to Noon
Are YOU having a hard time finding a job? Is your business ready to learn and grow? OESBD, District 9 Commissioner Dale Holness and key community partners will be on hand at this FREE workshop to provide the 411 on employment resources for residents and business owners in the BMSD.
Florida International Trade and Cultural Expo
Where: Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 | When: October 17 & 18, 2018
In case you missed out, watch the Video on FITCE 2017
FITCE 2018 expects to attract over 1,000 attendees, including: 200 international businesses, 800 local businesses, multi-cultural global trade representatives from over 50 countries, federal, state and local trade agencies, and government leaders from around the world.
FITCE 2018 Invited Guests of Honor Include:
- His Excellency Bruno Tshibala, Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Her Excellency Laura Chinchilla, Former President of Costa Rica
- His Excellency Vinicio Cerezo, Former President of Guatemala and Chair for SICA – Sistema de la Integración Centro America
- His Excellency Luis Alberto Lacalle, Former President of Uruguay
- His Excellency Nicolás Ardito Barletta Vallarino, Former President of Panama
NEW! Register as a LOCAL Exhibitor | Sell your products and services to over 50 countries at the World Expo Marketplace!
Other activities include:
- Panel Discussions and Seminars – for example, “11 Steps to Exporting - A Roadmap to your Exporting Success!” and “How to Import into the United States”
- Doing Business with the World – export and investment opportunities presented by foreign government officials, ambassadors, consuls general, trade commissioners and/or leaders of bi-national chambers of commerce representing over 50 countries
- Speed Matchmaking with Country Representatives - Meet one-on-one with governmental officials, ambassadors, consuls general, trade commissioners and/or leaders of bi-national chambers of commerce
- NEW! American & International Buyers Panel / Meet & Greet - Learn about the purchasing process of large institutions and meet the buyers afterwards
International Website: Social Marketing & New Trade Grants Workshop
Where: Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF), 2nd Floor Auditorium, 221 SW 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 | When: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 from 8:30 to 11:00 AM
The Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development and Enterprise Florida invite you to this insightful FREE workshop to learn:
- Best practices on how to internationalize your website and your social marketing campaign.
- How to maximize your online marketing efforts and grow your international sales presence
Enterprise Florida will also unveil their new grants and trade assistance programs to assist your business with exporting.
Exclusively for College Students - Passport to Broward #Broward Academy
Gain a whole new understanding of Broward County. Apply today for the Broward Academy, a special 10-week program exclusively for South Florida college students and interns that will provide a behind the scenes glimpse of how Broward County really works. Deadline to apply is July 27, 2018.
CALLING SMALL BUSINESSES: Broward County Wants You to Get Certified
Learn more and find out how your business can benefit from doing County business! OESBD is constantly recruiting small businesses for County Certification.
Broward County Workforce Investment Program
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners established the “Broward County Workforce Investment Program” to encourage local economic development by increasing potential employment opportunities for the economically disadvantaged and hard-to-hire in connection with County-funded projects of at least $500,000 in annual payments. Learn more.