The Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development (OESBD) supports area businesses throughout every stage of the business lifecycle. Continuity planning addresses the ability of a business to continue its operations following a disruptive event - such as a fire or natural weather disaster. Planning and preparation ensure that a business can recover and thrive following a disruption in its delivery of goods and services. For more information on available services for your business, contact us at 954-357-6400.
Business Resiliency Workshop and Broward County
Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Tour
Wednesday, June 7th | Broward County EOC | Plantation, FL 33324
OESBD presented this FREE disaster preparedness workshop to assist local business owners with surviving a natural or man-made event.
Attendees learned about:
- General practices of business continuity planning
- Broward County's disaster response system
- Available disaster preparation programs for small businesses
- Broward EOC (through a guided tour of the facility)
Scheduled speakers included:
- William Johnson, Broward County EOC
- Herb Parlato, Broward County OESBD
- Representatives from Florida Power & Light
Broward County A to Z Hurricane Guide for Businesses
Broward County Listing of Generator-Ready Businesses
*NOTE: Instructions for submitting your generator-ready business for inclusion are available on the webpage.