The Office of Economic and Small Business Development (OESBD) provides educational support to residents, entrepreneurs and business owners. OESBD presents various free seminars, trainings and workshops such as:
International Trade Business Development
OESBD offers a multiple programs for business owners to explore opportunities in international trade. These activities range from primers in exporting to extensive learning courses and special events. We offer programs to suit the needs of any business interested in going global.
- Business Opportunities and Trends - For business owners to explore international markets
- Florida Export Opportunities – For business owners interested in global market growth by exporting to featured countries
- “Doing Business With” – For business owners to learn about conducting business in foreign markets
- Haiti - Thursday, August 17 | 1:30 to 5 PM - Registration Closed
Broward Center for the Performing Arts - Porter Riverview Room
201 SW Fifth Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 1:30 to 2:30 PM: Registration and Networking
- 2:30 to 4PM: Workshop Presentation
- 4 to 5PM: Meet & Greet with the Honourable Gérard Latortue, Former Prime Minister of Haiti (2004-2006)
Florida export opportunities to Haiti include the following sectors:
- Agricultural Equipment
- Construction Materials
- Machinery & Transport
- Travel and Tourism
- “11 Steps to Exporting – A Roadmap to Your Exporting Success”
- Export Readiness
- Special Events
- Doing Business with the World
To learn more, contact the OESBD International Trade Specialist at 954-357-6400.
Kauffman FastTrac® Training
OESBD is an affiliate of the FastTrac® global entrepreneurship education program. These programs meet the needs of aspiring, established and growth entrepreneurs by equipping them with business skills and insights, tools, resources and peer networks to start and support successful enterprises. The program was created by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the world’s largest foundation devoted to entrepreneurship.
OESBD’s FastTrac® programs:
- Listening to Your Business™ - For existing business owners to develop a three-year business strategy. NOTE: These workshops are limited to 15 registrants each.
- The Intentional Entrepreneur™ - For aspiring entrepreneurs to establish a one-year vision
- NewVentureTM - For aspiring entrepreneurs to develop a business concept and business plan
To learn more, visit OESBD’s FastTrac® affiliate webpage.