Date: Saturday, May 18, 2013
Time: 8:30am to 6:00pm
Location: Broward County EOC
201 NW 84th Avenue, Rm 332B
Plantation, FL. 33324
This course/workshop will provide instruction into:
· Personal Preparedness,
· Overview of the Incident Command System,
· Deployment Preparedness,
· Assisting in Shelter Set Up,
· Daily Care and Feeding,
· Proper Cage Cleaning and Disinfection,
· Animal Behavior,
· Stress Management,
· Zoonotic Disease,
· Personal Safety, and more.
Non required but it is recommended that if possible, students have ICS knowledge.
(Recommended) IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
Student should bring paper and writing instruments
The course is designed for participants whose duties or interests may require them to become involved with the care and protection of shelter animals whether during normal days or during emergencies. Course participants who would benefit from this training include:
· Emergency Management Agencies,
· Training and Exercise Coordinators;
· Non-government organizations;
· Key department heads,
· Private sector;
· Governmental administration staff.
Register on Florida State Animal Response Coalition (FLSARC) website: (http://www.flsarc.org/Training.html).
Point of Contact:
Broward County Training Coordinator
Broward County Emergency Management Division
Consie von Gontard
Florida State Animal Response Coalition (FSARC)